ESL 293: Rich Man Invites Poor Student to Dinner

Download

Jodie liked her apartment. She had a beautiful view to the south. A nearby tree was home to two squirrels. She liked to watch them. So did her cat. Mrs. Neely owned the apartment building. She was an old lady who spoke with a thick Norwegian accent.

Jodie and Mrs. Neely got along very well. Mrs. Neely said that Jodie reminded her of her daughter, who had died in a car crash years ago. Mrs. Neely was a widow. She kept busy by volunteering at the local library and senior center. An excellent baker, she often brought bread and pastries to Jodie.

"You're trying to make me fat," laughed Jodie one day. "How will I ever find a boyfriend?"

"I still can't believe that Prince Charming hasn't found you," said Mrs. Neely. "Maybe you're just too pretty and too smart for the young men around here."

Jodie was going to graduate school at night. She had a day job as a teacher's assistant in the fourth grade. She loved teaching kids. The principal had already told her that a full-time teaching job was hers after she got her master's degree.

"Aren't there any nice boys in your graduate classes, Jodie?" Mrs. Neely asked.

"There are some," said Jodie. "But they're either married, or have a girlfriend, or are too focused on getting their degree. And don't forget, I have to concentrate on graduating, so I really shouldn't be dating anyway."

"Well, that's just a shame," said Mrs. Neely. "You're too pretty to be alone. But don't worry. You keep doing your homework, and I'll be on the lookout for you." She winked at Jodie. Jodie smiled. She loved Mrs. Neely.

Mrs. Neely died not long after that conversation. She had a stroke while mixing some batter for cookies. An ambulance took her to the hospital, where she died a day later.

Her son Ned was Mrs. Neely's sole heir. Ned had been married and divorced three times. None of his wives had anything nice to say about him. Ned didn't care. He was looking for Wife Number Four.

Ned introduced himself to Jodie right after Mrs. Neely's funeral on Saturday. He knew about Jodie because Mrs. Neely had told him about her. Ned said he was afraid that he might have to double her rent. Also, no pets were allowed in the building. "You'll have to take your cat to the pound," he said.

"In that case," she said, "I'm moving out."

"I was joking, of course. You're very pretty," said Ned.

"Thank you," said Jodie.

"Come to dinner with me at Chez Maison tonight and we can discuss your apartment and your cat." Ned had an air of confidence that Jodie found mildly attractive.

"That might be nice," she found herself saying. Ned told her he would pick her up at 8 and left. Jodie wondered if she was doing the right thing. She didn't even know this guy. Oh well, she thought, it would be nice to eat at a fancy restaurant for a change.

She picked up some cat food on her way home.

445628 top -

*Vocabulary:

• accent:
• ambulance:
• assistant:
• batter:
• concentrate:
• crash:
• date:
• double:
• fancy:
• funeral:
• heir:
• lookout:
• pastry:
• pound:
• principal:
• senior:
• shame:
• sole:
• squirrel:
• stroke:
• volunteer:
• widow:
• wink:
• Norwegian:

--------------------

*Wh-Questions:

• What did Jodie like?

• In what/which direction did she have a beautiful view?

• What lived in a nearby tree?

• What did Jodie like to watch?

• What/Who else liked to watch the squirrels?

• Who owned the apartment building?

• What was Mrs. Neely's first language?

• What kind of accent did she have?

• How well did Jodie and Mrs. Neely get along?

• Who/m did Jodie remind Mrs. Neely of?

--------------------

*Fill in blanks:

Jodie liked her apartment. She had a beautiful ____ to the south. A nearby tree was home ____ two squirrels. She liked to watch them. So ____ her cat. Mrs. Neely owned the apartment building. ____ was an old lady who spoke with a ____ Norwegian accent.

Jodie and Mrs. Neely got along ____ well. Mrs. Neely said that Jodie reminded her ____ her daughter, who had died in a car ____ years ago. Mrs. Neely was a widow. She____ busy by volunteering at the local library and ____ center. An excellent baker, she often brought bread ____ pastries to Jodie.

“You’re trying to make me ____ ,” laughed Jodie one day. “How will I ever ____ a boyfriend?”

“I still can’t believe that Prince____ hasn’t found you,” said Mrs. Neely. “Maybe you’re____ too pretty and too smart for the young ____ around here.”

Jodie was going to graduate school ____ night. She had a day job as a ____ ’s assistant in the fourth grade. She loved teaching ____ . The principal had already told her that a ____ -time teaching job was hers after she got her ____ 's degree.

“Aren’t there any nice boys in your ____ classes, Jodie?” Mrs. Neely asked.

“There are some,” ____ Jodie. “But they’re either married, or have a ____ , or are too focused on getting their degree. ____ don’t forget, I have to concentrate on graduating, ____ I really shouldn’t be dating anyway.”

“Well, that’s ____ a shame,” said Mrs. Neely. “You’re too pretty ____ be alone. But don’t worry. You keep doing ____ homework, and I’ll be on the lookout for ____ .” She winked at Jodie. Jodie smiled. She loved ____ . Neely.

Mrs. Neely died not long after that ____ . She had a stroke while mixing some batter ____ cookies. An ambulance took her to the hospital, ____ she died a day later.

Her son Ned ____ Mrs. Neely’s sole heir. Ned had been married____ divorced three times. None of his wives had ____ nice to say about him. Ned didn’t care. ____ was looking for Wife Number Four.

Ned introduced ____to Jodie right after Mrs. Neely’s funeral on____ . He knew about Jodie because Mrs. Neely had ____ him about her. Ned said he was afraid ____ he might have to double her rent. Also, ____ pets were allowed in the building. “You’ll have____ take your cat to the pound,” he said.

“____ that case,” she said, “I’m moving out.”

“I ____ joking, of course. You’re very pretty,” said Ned.

“____ you,” said Jodie.

“Come to dinner with me ____ Chez Maison tonight and we can discuss your and your cat.” Ned had an air of ____ that Jodie found mildly attractive.

“That might be ____ ,” she found herself saying. Ned told her he____ pick her up at 8 and left. Jodie____ if she was doing the right thing. She ____ ’t even know this guy. Oh well, she thought, ____ would be nice to eat at a fancy ____ for a change.

She picked up some cat____ on her way home.

-------------------

*Translate into Vietnamese:

445644 top -

*Vocabulary:

• accent: giọng
• ambulance: xe cứu thương
• assistant: trợ lý
• batter: đánh
• concentrate: tập trung
• crash: đụng xe
• date: hẹn hò
• double: gấp đôi
• fancy: ưa thích
• funeral: đám tang
• heir: thừa kế
• lookout: tìm ra
• pastry: bột
• pound: chổ nuôi thú
• principal: hiệu trưởng
• senior: cao cấp
• shame: xấu hổ
• sole: duy nhất
• squirrel: sóc
• stroke: đột quỵ
• volunteer: tình nguyện
• widow: bà goá
• wink: chớp mắt
• Norwegian: Na Uy

==========================================================

*Wh-Questions:

• What did Jodie like? her apartment

• In what/which direction did she have a beautiful view? south

• What lived in a nearby tree? two squirrels

• What did Jodie like to watch? squirrels

• What/Who else liked to watch the squirrels? Her cat

• Who owned the apartment building? Mrs Neely

• What was Mrs. Neely's first language? Norwegian

• What kind of accent did she have? thick Norwegian

• How well did Jodie and Mrs. Neely get along? very well

• Who/m did Jodie remind Mrs. Neely of? her daughter

=========================================================

*Fill in blanks:

Jodie liked her apartment. She had a beautiful __view__ to the south. A nearby tree was home __to__ two squirrels. She liked to watch them. So __did__ her cat. Mrs. Neely owned the apartment building. __She__ was an old lady who spoke with a __thick__ Norwegian accent.

Jodie and Mrs. Neely got along __very__ well. Mrs. Neely said that Jodie reminded her __of__ her daughter, who had died in a car __crash__ years ago. Mrs. Neely was a widow. She__kept__ busy by volunteering at the local library and __senior__ center. An excellent baker, she often brought bread __and__ pastries to Jodie.

“You’re trying to make me __fat__ ,” laughed Jodie one day. “How will I ever __find__ a boyfriend?”

“I still can’t believe that Prince__Charming__ hasn’t found you,” said Mrs. Neely. “Maybe you’re___just_ too pretty and too smart for the young __men__ around here.”

Jodie was going to graduate school __at__ night. She had a day job as a __teacher__ ’s assistant in the fourth grade. She loved teaching __kids__ . The principal had already told her that a __full__ -time teaching job was hers after she got her __master__ 's degree.

“Aren’t there any nice boys in your __graduate__ classes, Jodie?” Mrs. Neely asked.

“There are some,” __said__ Jodie. “But they’re either married, or have a __girlfriend__ , or are too focused on getting their degree. __And__ don’t forget, I have to concentrate on graduating, __so__ I really shouldn’t be dating anyway.”

“Well, that’s __just__ a shame,” said Mrs. Neely. “You’re too pretty _to___ be alone. But don’t worry. You keep doing __your__ homework, and I’ll be on the lookout for __you__ .” She winked at Jodie. Jodie smiled. She loved __Mrs__ . Neely.

Mrs. Neely died not long after that _conversation___ . She had a stroke while mixing some batter __for__ cookies. An ambulance took her to the hospital, __where__ she died a day later.

Her son Ned __was__ Mrs. Neely’s sole heir. Ned had been married__and__ divorced three times. None of his wives had __anything__ nice to say about him. Ned didn’t care. _He___ was looking for Wife Number Four.

Ned introduced __himself__to Jodie right after Mrs. Neely’s funeral on__Saturday__ . He knew about Jodie because Mrs. Neely had _told___ him about her. Ned said he was afraid __that__ he might have to double her rent. Also, __no__ pets were allowed in the building. “You’ll have__to__ take your cat to the pound,” he said.

“__In__ that case,” she said, “I’m moving out.”

“I __was__ joking, of course. You’re very pretty,” said Ned.

“__Thank__ you,” said Jodie.

“Come to dinner with me __at__ Chez Maison tonight and we can discuss your and your cat.” Ned had an air of __confidence__ that Jodie found mildly attractive.

“That might be __nice__ ,” she found herself saying. Ned told her he___would_ pick her up at 8 and left. Jodie__wondered__ if she was doing the right thing. She __didn__ ’t even know this guy. Oh well, she thought, __it__ would be nice to eat at a fancy __restaurant__ for a change.

She picked up some cat__food__ on her way home.

==========================================================

Người đàn ông giàu có mời cô sinh viên nghèo đi ăn tối

Jodie thích căn hộ của cô. Cô có hướng nhìn đẹp về phía nam. Cây gần nhà là nơi trú ngụ của hai con sóc. Cô thích ngắm chúng. Con mèo của cô cũng thế. Bà Neely là chủ toà nhà. Bà là một bà già nói giọng Na Uy đặc sệt.

Jodie và bà Neely rất thân nhau. Bà Neely nói Jodie làm bà nhớ đến con gái của bà, đã bị đụng xe chết nhiều năm trước đây. Bà Neely là bà goá. Bà tự nguyện làm ở thu viện địa phương và trung tâm người cao tuổi để bận rộn. Là một người làm bánh tuyệt vời, bà thường mang bánh mì và bánh nướng cho Jodie.

"Bà đang cố làm con béo," một ngày kia Jodie cười. "Làm thế nào con có bạn trai được?"

"Bà không thể tin rằng chàng hoàng tử quyến rũ chưa tìm ra con," Bà Neely nói. "Có thể con quá đẹp và quá thông minh cho những chàng trai trẻ quanh đây."

Jodie sẽ tốt nghiệp trường ban đêm. Ban ngày cô làm trợ giảng cho lớp bốn. Cô thích dạy trẻ con. Hiệu trưởng đã nói với cô một công việc dạy học toàn thời gian sẽ là của cô sau khi cô tốt nghiệp cao học.

"Không có chàng trai nào dễ thương trong lớp của con à, Jodie?" Bà Neely hỏi.

"Có vài người," Jodie nói. "Nhưng họ hoặc là đã có gia đình, hoặc có bạn gái, hoặc lo tập trung lo bằng cấp. Và đừng quên, con cũng phải lo tốt nghiệp, nên dù sao con thật sự không nên hẹn hò."

"Này, đó chỉ là xấu hổ," bà Neely nói. "Con quá đẹp để ở một mình. Nhưng đừng lo. Con cứ làm bài tập của con, và ta sẽ lo tìm kiếm cho con." Bà nháy mắt với Jodie. Jodie cười. Cô yêu bà Neely quá.

Bà Neeely chết không lâu sau buổi nói chuyện đó. Bà bị đột quỵ khi đang trộn bột làm bánh. Chiếc xe cứu thương chở bà đến bệnh viện, nơi hôm sau bà chết.

Con trai Ned của Bà Neely là người thừa kế duy nhất. Ned đã cưới vợ và ly dị ba lần. KHông có cô vợ nào có điều gì tốt để nói về anh ấy. Ned chẳng quan tâm. Anh đang tìm cô vợ thứ tư.

Ned tự giới thiệu với Jodie sau lễ tang của Bà Neely vào thứ bảy. Anh biết Jodie vì bà Neely có nói với anh về cô ấy. Ned nói anh e rằng phải tăng tiền nhà lên gấp đôi. Và, không được phép nuôi thú vật trong nhà. "Cô phải đem mèo cô đi gủi nhà nuôi thú," anh nói.

"Trong trường hợp đó," cô nói, "Tôi dọn đi."

"Anh đùa thôi, dĩ nhiên rồi. Em đẹp lắm," Ned nói.

"Cảm ơn anh," Jodie nói.

"Đi ăn với anh ở nhà hàng Chez Maison tối nay và chúng ta sẽ nói về căn hộ của em và con mèo của em." Ned có vẻ tự tin mà Jodie cảm thấy thoáng thu hút.

"Chắc là sẽ được," cô nghe thấy mình nói Ned bảo cô anh sẽ đón cô lúc 8 giờ và bỏ đi. Jodie tự hỏi không biết mình có làm đúng không. Cô còn không biết anh chàng này. Oh, cô nghĩ, thay đổi ăn ở nhà hàng ưa thích cũng vui.

Cô mua vài gói thúc ăn cho mèo khi trên đường về nhà.

445724 top -
LESSON 293:

RICH MAN INVITES POOR STUDENT TO DINNER -
ĐẠI GIA MỜI SINH VIÊN NGHÈO ĐI ĂN TỐI.

===========================================================

*Vocabulary:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
• accent: giọng, ngữ giọng.
• ambulance: xe cấp cứu.
• assistant: trợ giảng, trợ lý.
• batter: bột nhão làm bánh.
• concentrate: tập trung, cố gắng.
• crash: va chạm.
• date: hẹn hò, cuộc hẹn h2, ngày tháng, niên hiệu.
• double: tăng gắp đôi.
• fancy: đặc biệt.
• funeral: lễ tang.
• heir: người thừa kế, người thừa tự.
• lookout: canh chừng cẩn mật, canh phòng.
• pastry: bánh ngọt.
• pound: chỗ nhốt chó mèo đi lạc.
• principal: hiệu trưởng.
• senior: người cao tuổi/lớn tuổi.
• shame: xấu hổ, điều đáng tiếc, ân hận.
• sole: duy nhất, độc nhất.
• squirrel: con sóc.
• stroke: đột quỵ.
• volunteer: tình nguyện viên.
• widow: goá phụ.
• wink: nháy mắt.
• Norwegian: người Na-Uy.

*Wh-Questions:
------------------------------------------------------------------
• What did Jodie like?
- Jodie liked her apartment.

• In what/which direction did she have a beautiful view?
- She had a beautiful view to the south.

• What lived in a nearby tree?
-Two squirrels lived in a nearby tree.

• What did Jodie like to watch?
- She liked to watch the squirrels.

• What/Who else liked to watch the squirrels?
- Her cat liked to watch the squirrels, too.

• Who owned the apartment building?
- Mrs. Neely owned the apartment building.

• What was Mrs. Neely's first language?
-Mrs. Neely's first language was Norwegian.

• What kind of accent did she have?
- She had a thick Norwegian accent.

• How well did Jodie and Mrs. Neely get along?
- Jodie and Mrs. Neely got along very well.

• Who/m did Jodie remind Mrs. Neely of?
- Jodie reminded Mrs. Neely of her daughter.

*Fill in blanks:
Jodie liked her apartment. She had a beautiful view to the south. A nearby tree was home to two squirrels. She liked to watch them. So did her cat. Mrs. Neely owned the apartment building. She was an old lady who spoke with a thick Norwegian accent.

Jodie and Mrs. Neely got along very well. Mrs. Neely said that Jodie reminded her of her daughter, who had died in a car crash years ago. Mrs. Neely was a widow. She kept busy by volunteering at the local library and senior center. An excellent baker, she often brought bread and pastries to Jodie.

“You’re trying to make me fat,” laughed Jodie one day. “How will I ever find a boyfriend?”

“I still can’t believe that Prince Charming hasn’t found you,” said Mrs. Neely. “Maybe you’re just too pretty and too smart for the young men around here.”

Jodie was going to graduate school at night. She had a day job as a teacher’s assistant in the fourth grade. She loved teaching kids. The principal had already told her that a full -time teaching job was hers after she got her master's degree.

“Aren’t there any nice boys in your graduate classes, Jodie?” Mrs. Neely asked.

“There are some,” said Jodie. “But they’re either married, or have a girlfriend, or are too focused on getting their degree. and don’t forget, I have to concentrate on graduating, So I really shouldn’t be dating anyway.”

“Well, that’s was a shame,” said Mrs. Neely. “You’re too pretty to be alone. But don’t worry. You keep doing your homework, and I’ll be on the lookout for you.” She winked at Jodie. Jodie smiled. She loved Mrs. Neely.

Mrs. Neely died not long after that conversation. She had a stroke while mixing some batter for cookies. An ambulance took her to the hospital, where she died a day later.

Her son Ned was Mrs. Neely’s sole heir. Ned had been married and divorced three times. None of his wives had anthing nice to say about him. Ned didn’t care. He was looking for Wife Number Four.

Ned introduced himselfto Jodie right after Mrs. Neely’s funeral on Saturday. He knew about Jodie because Mrs. Neely had told him about her. Ned said he was afraid that he might have to double her rent. Also, no pets were allowed in the building. “You’ll have to take your cat to the pound,” he said.

In that case,” she said, “I’m moving out.”

“I was joking, of course. You’re very pretty,” said Ned.

Thank you,” said Jodie.

“Come to dinner with me at Chez Maison tonight and we can discuss your and your cat.” Ned had an air of confidence that Jodie found mildly attractive.

“That might be nice,” she found herself saying. Ned told her he would pick her up at 8 and left. Jodie wondered if she was doing the right thing. She did’t even know this guy. Oh well, she thought,
It
would be nice to eat at a fancy restaurant for a change.

She picked up some cat food on her way home.

Jodie rất thích căn hộ của mình. Cảnh quan ở hướng nam thật đẹp. Có một cái cây ở gần đó là tổ ấm của hai con sóc. Cô ưa thích việc quan sát chúng. Con mèo của cô cũng thế. Bà Neely là chủ của khu chung cư này. Đó là một bà cụ già nói giọng Na-Uy đặc sệt.

Jodie và bà Neely rất hoà hợp với nhau. Bà Neely nói Jodie làm cho bà nhớ lại đứa con gái của mình, là người đã chết trong một vụ đụng xe nhiều năm trước đây. Bà Neely là một goá phụ. Bà luôn bận rộn với việc là tình nguyện viên tại một thư viện địa phương và trung tâm dưỡng lão. Là một người làm bánh tuyệt vời, bà thường mang bánh mì và bánh ngọt đến cho Jodie.

"Bà đang vỗ béo con đó," một ngày nọ Jodie bật cười. "Con sẽ kiếm bồ bằng cách nào đây hả bà?"

"Bà vẫn không thể tin được là Chàng Hoàng tử Quyến rũ lại không tìm thấy con," Bà Neely nói. Có lẽ con quá đẹp và quá thông minh đối với những chàng trai trẻ ở quanh đây."

Jodie sắp tốt nghiệp trường học ban đêm. Công việc ban ngày của cô là làm trợ giảng cho lớp bốn. Cô rất thích việc dạy học cho lũ trẻ con. Hiệu trưởng đã nói với cô về việc giảng dạy toàn thời gian sau khi cô có bằng thạc sĩ.

"Không có chàng trai dễ thương nào trong lớp tốt nghiệp của con sao Jodie?" Bà Neely hỏi.

"Dạ có một vài người," Jodie nói. Nhưng họ hoặc sắp kết hôn, hoặc có bạn gái, hoặc chú tâm vào việc lấy cho được bằng cấp. Và bà cũng nhớ rồi đó, con phải tập trung cho việc tốt nghiệp, vì thế, dù thế nào đi nữa con thật sự không nên hẹn hò."

"Ờ, đó là một điều đáng tiếc," Bà Neely nói. "Con quá xinh đẹp để phải cô đơn một mình. Nhưng con đừng lo. Con cứ làm bài tập của con, và ta sẽ canh chừng con cẩn mật." Bà nháy mắt với Jodie. Jodie mĩm cười. Cô rất quý mến bà Neely.

Bà Neely mất không lâu sau cuộc trò chuyện đó. Bà bị đột quỵ trong lúc đang nhào một ít bột cho món bánh bít-quy. Xe cấp cứu đưa bà đến bệnh viện, là nơi bà mất vào ngày hôm sau.

Ned, con trai bà Neely là người thừa kế độc nhất. Ned đã lập gia đình và li dỵ ba lần. Không một ai trong các người vợ có điều gì đó tốt đẹp để nói về anh ta. Ned không hề quan tâm. Anh ta đang tìm người vợ thứ tư.

Ned tự giới thiệu về mình với Jodie ngay sau lễ tang của bà Neely hôm Thứ Bảy. Anh ta biết Jodie vì bà Neely đã kể cho anh ta nghe về cô. Ned bảo anh ta e rằng anh ta sẽ phải tăng gấp đôi tiền thuê nhà của cô. Ngoài ra, không được phép nuôi thú cưng ở chung cư. "Cô phải mang con mèo đến nhà nuôi thú thôi," anh ta nói.

"Trong trường hợp đó," cô nói, "Tôi sẽ chuyển nhà."

"Anh đùa đấy mà, dĩ nhiên rồi. Em thật là đẹp ," Ned nói.

"Cám ơn anh," Jodie nói.

"Dùng cơm tối với anh ở Chaz Maison tối nay nhé và chúng ta có thể thảo luận về căn hộ và con mèo của em. Ned có một dáng vẻ tin cậy đến nỗi Jodie nhận thấy một sự hấp dẫn nhẹ nhàng.

"Điều đó thật tuyệt," cô nhận thấy mình đang nói. Ned bảo cô là anh sẽ đón cô vào lúc 8 giờ tối và đi khỏi. Jodie tự hỏi cô đang làm một việc đúng đắn hay không. Thậm chí cô còn chưa biết anh chàng này nữa. Ồ, được rồi, sẽ rất dễ chịu khi ăn ở một nhà hàng ưng ý cho một sự thay đổi.

Cô mua một ít thức ăn cho mèo trên đường về nhà.

492397 top -

. 1.New To America
. 2.A Haircut
. 3.The Yardman
. 4.Grab Your Umbrellas
. 5.Shopping for Bargains
. 6.Horses to Ride
. 7.A Shower Injury
. 8.Pete's Sharp Knife
. 9.A Good Sandwich
. 10.Sara's Upset Stomach
. 11.Please Marry Me!
. 12.Laundry Day
. 13.A Noisy Neighbor
. 14.The New Realtor
. 15.The Fire Alarm
. 16.Eddie's Short Visit
. 17.Carbon Monoxide
. 18.A Visit to Asia
. 19.School Boys
. 20.The Loose Button
. 21.The Pile of Paper
. 22.Brushing and Flossing
. 23.Raising the Kids
. 24.A Clean Toilet Bowl
. 25.A Love Letter
. 26.A Bird Attacks
. 27.A Daytime Robbery
. 28.Trick or Treat
. 29.The Motorcycle Rider
. 30.Spock Saves His Dad
. 31.Provider Overbills Customer
. 32.The Breakup
. 33.Famous Model Dies
. 34.Shopping Carts Everywhere
. 35.Four Slit Throats
. 36.Does Garlic Mean Garlic?
. 37.A Jealous Girlfriend
. 38.Towns Hit by Snowstorms
. 39.Another Jealous Girlfriend
. 40.She Loves Her Son
. 41.The Doctor’s Exam
. 42.Hospitals Can Make You Sick
. 43.English Is So Hard
. 44.Hollywood Stars and Tourists
. 45.GEICO’s TV Lizard
. 46.Law and Order in LA
. 47.Destruction of Iraq
. 48.Have You Seen This Man?
. 49.LA Traffic Report
. 50.LA Radio News

. 51.Trash Truck Misses Pick-up
. 52.Her First Driving Accident
. 53.You’re Not a Good Principal
. 54.I’ve Got You Covered
. 55.Paris Goes to Jail in LA
. 56.A Year with No TV
. 57.Let’s Buy Some Paint
. 58.I Need Water for My Clients
. 59.Putting Bunny to Sleep
. 60.Where Is That Darn Battery?
. 61.If You Really Love Me…
. 62.The Wedding Gift (1)
. 63.The Wedding Gift (2)
. 64.Does a Tiger Change Its Stripes?
. 65.No Place Like an Open House
. 66."We Could Have All Died!"
. 67.It’s the Thought that Counts
. 68.Who Ordered the Scallops?
. 69.You’re Not My Daddy
. 70.Let He Who Is Without Sin…
. 71.Shopping at the 99 Cents Store
. 72.Betting Big in Vegas
. 73.Priced to Sell!
. 74.The Handyman Comes
. 75.A Woman Has Needs
. 76.A Hot Day and a Cool Pool
. 77.Up, Up, and Away
. 78.Man's Best Friend
. 79.Six Feet Under
. 80.An Unhappy Worker
. 81.Why the Sky Is Brown
. 82.It’s a Small World
. 83.Suspicious Shoppers
. 84.Death Is Part of Life
. 85.Tagger Shoots Woman
. 86.Crime on the Rise
. 87.Too Soft on Crime
. 88.Pluto Chases Kid
. 89.In Harm’s Way
. 90."Semper Buy"
. 91.A Little Respect, Please
. 92.A Dream from Beyond-1
. 93.A Dream from Beyond-2
. 94.A Trip to Egypt
. 95.No Doughnuts for Old Folks
. 96.It’s Just Business
. 97.A Walk in the Wild
. 98.Elvis Is Alive and Well
. 99.Bad Weed, Bad Call
. 100.Shark Attack

. 101.Love in the Hospital
. 102.Interstate Bridge Collapses
. 103.Stop Selling Those Bunnies
. 104.Actor Tries to Kill Himself
. 105.US Senator Says He’s not Gay
. 106.E.Coli Is Everywhere
. 107.Influenza
. 108.The Hospital Orderly-1
. 109.The Hospital Orderly-2
. 110.Flower Power
. 111.Dog Inherits Millions
. 112.Man Holds Staff Hostage
. 113.Young Boy Defends Sister
. 114.Remember Me?
. 115.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 116.Sail Around the World
. 117.New Dog-Barking Law
. 118.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-1
. 119.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-2
. 120.Cleaning a Dirty Plate
. 121.Her Driving Lesson
. 122.Hurricane Dean
. 123.Adventurer Disappears
. 124.Nursing Student Disappears
. 125.The Lovely Banana
. 126.Smells like Chicken
. 127.The Wedding-1
. 128.The Wedding-2
. 129.The Waiter
. 130.Your Country Thanks You
. 131.D.B.Cooper Lives On-1
. 132.D.B.Cooper Lives On-2
. 133.I’m No Alcoholic!
. 134.48 Homes Burn Down-1
. 135.48 Homes Burn Down-2
. 136.Drought Attacks Georgia
. 137.A Bad MRI Experience
. 138.Body in a Barrel-1
. 139.Body in a Barrel-2
. 140.Red Meat, Gray Water
. 141.All Bite, No Bark
. 142.Tiger Kills Two Men-1
. 143.Tiger Kills Two Men-2
. 144.Red Flowers Make Her See Red
. 145.The Starbucks Robbery
. 146.The Argument-1
. 147.The Argument-2
. 148.The Toilet Tank-1
. 149.The Toilet Tank-2
. 150.Santa Was Molested

. 151.Fire Kills Two Young Girls
. 152.Police Arrest Fire-Starters
. 153.Get out of "Jail"-1
. 154.Get out of "Jail"-2
. 155.New Year Celebrations
. 156.$50K to Waitress-1
. 157.$50K to Waitress-2
. 158.Who Needs School?
. 159.Black Friday
. 160.JFK Assassination
. 161.Don’t Top Off the Tanks
. 162.The Clapper
. 163.Tuberculosis Still Kills
. 164.Old Dogs Become Young Again
. 165.Ham and Eggplant
. 166.A Hole in Her Ear-1
. 167.A Hole in Her Ear-2
. 168.The Drugs Keep Coming
. 169.Missing Husband-1
. 170.Missing Husband-2
. 171.Don’t Get Mad-Get Even
. 172.The Christmas Gift-1
. 173.The Christmas Gift-2
. 174.The Haircut-1
. 175.The Haircut-2
. 176.The Robbery at the Mall-1
. 177.The Robbery at the Mall-2
. 178.The Driving Lesson-1
. 179.The Driving Lesson-2
. 180.The Move to Georgia-1
. 181.The Move to Georgia-2
. 182.I’ll Get a Job in a Restaurant
. 183.A Cleaner River-1
. 184.A Cleaner River-2
. 185.The Spitter
. 186.Kill Those Flies-1
. 187.Kill Those Flies-2
. 188.The Oil Change-1
. 189.The Oil Change-2
. 190.Boy Starts Huge Fire
. 191.Writers Go on Strike
. 192.Please Don’t Hurt Me!
. 193.It’s Just a Little White Lie
. 194.Jury Service in California
. 195.The Rude Golfer-1
. 196.The Rude Golfer-2
. 197.Man Invents Toilet for Cars
. 198.Monkeys Cause Man’s Death
. 199.The Light Eater-1
. 200.The Light Eater-2

. 201.Sara Went Shopping
. 202.Man Injured at Fast Food Place
. 203.A Life-Saving Cow
. 204.Driver Loses Mabel, Finds Jail
. 205.Jerry Decided To Buy a Gun
. 206.Freeway Chase
. 207.Better To Be Unlucky
. 208.Food Fight Erupted in Prison
. 209.How His Pig is Doing
. 210.Goats Being Hired
. 211.A Missing Cat
. 212.Book Him
. 213.Water Under the Sink-1
. 214.Water Under the Sink-2
. 215.Theft Occurs Everywhere
. 216.Eggs and a Bunny
. 217.Goodbye to Clean Couple
. 218.$100 Deposit
. 219.Books Don’t Grow on Trees
. 220.A Murder-Suicide
. 221.New Store and Its Owners
. 222.Hit-and-Run Charge
. 223.Gasoline Prices Hit Record High
. 224.A Festival of Books
. 225.Crazy Housing Prices
. 226.Happy and Unhappy Renters
. 227.Pulling Out Nine Tons of Trash
. 228.Cloning Pets
. 229.Rentals at the Oceanside
. 230.Trees Are a Threat
. 231.Gets Booked, Writes a Book
. 232.Popular Park Reopens
. 233.Swim Classes Begin Soon
. 234.Not Sitting Around
. 235.Get Millions for Homeless
. 236.Tenants Watch Building Burn
. 237.Bathtub Blues
. 238.Blood Drive at Civic Center
. 239.City Hosts 42nd Art Fair
. 240.City and Crime
. 241.Bank Robbery
. 242.Immigration Goes Online
. 243.Jimmy Fixes His Door
. 244.Needs a New Air-Conditioner
. 245.Man Gets 12 Years for Fraud
. 246.Man Shoots Up Post Office
. 247.Murals Are Over 200 Years Old
. 248.Pier Collapses
. 249.Cameras in Police Cars
. 250.A School Girl Sues Her School

. 251.SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying
. 252.Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool
. 253.Woman Dies in House Fire
. 254.Plane Crashes into House
. 255.Fishing for Girls
. 256.Shot Next to Christmas Tree
. 257.Stabbed Outside Nightclub
. 258.Fishing Boat Sinks
. 259.The Mysterious Carport Stain
. 260.Lies About Winning Lottery
. 261.Victory Dance Leads to Death
. 262.Eat Your Vegetables
. 263.Honk if You're in a Hurry
. 264.The Man Who Loved Women
. 265.How to Get out of Jury Duty
. 266.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 267.Female Seeks Mature Male
. 268.Let’s Go Fishing
. 269.Train Wreck “Frees” Cows
. 270.Valuable Guitar Found
. 271.Stepmother Kills Herself
. 272.Beautiful Teacher Smiles
. 273.Are Criminals Taking Over LA?
. 274.Police Arrest Happy Van Driver
. 275.Say Your Prayers
. 276.The Final Phone Call
. 277.Almost Perfect Children
. 278.There Goes the Neighborhood!
. 279.Let’s Go to Vegas!
. 280.Squirrel Attacks Woman
. 281.To Save His Baby
. 282.English Is Confusing
. 283.Pump Up the Tires
. 284.Don’t Go Swimming
. 285.The Park That Went to the Dogs
. 286.Can You Spare a Carburetor?
. 287.Golf Like a Girl
. 288.Take Me Out to the Ball Game
. 289.Take This Job and Shove It
. 290.Where Did That Book Go?
. 291.When You’ve Got Your Health
. 292.That ‘New Car’ Smell
. 293.Inviting Poor Student to Dinner
. 294.When I'm in the Bathroom
. 295.It Was an Old, Worthless Clock
. 296.Five-Finger Discount on Candy
. 297.Collecting Seashells
. 298.At the Store Entrance
. 299.We Will See the World
. 300.Get Me a Caffe Latte

. 301.The Slow Computer-1
. 302.The Slow Computer-2
. 303.The Careful Reader
. 304.Avoid the Flu
. 305.Magician Attracts Women
. 306.US Border Patrol
. 307.Car Shopping in California
. 308.Happy Anniversary
. 309.“Read All about It!”
. 310.A Factory Worker
. 311.Bad Pork
. 312.Don’t Eat the Meat
. 313.Copper Robbers
. 314.Weekly Driving Lessons-1
. 315.Weekly Driving Lessons-2
. 316.Laundry Day-1
. 317.Laundry Day-2
. 318.The Bargain CD Set-1
. 319.The Bargain CD Set-2
. 320.It’s All Over
. 321.The New Clothes-1
. 322.The New Clothes-2
. 323.Food as Punishment
. 324.US Passports Outsourced
. 325.The Demanding Son
. 326.A Practical Joke
. 327.The Dead Pedestrian
. 328.Bad News, Good News
. 329.The Cluster Balloonist
. 330.The Rude Clerk
. 331.The Tax Charge
. 332.The Fire in the Hills-1
. 333.The Fire in the Hills-2
. 334.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-1
. 335.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-2
. 336.The Rental Car-1
. 337.The Rental Car-2
. 338.The Marathon Cheater
. 339.School Bus Crashes
. 340.Don’t Take My Property
. 341.New Law for Taco Trucks
. 342.The Refund-1
. 343.The Refund-2
. 344.Shut Your Mouth
. 345.TSA’s New Policy-1
. 346.TSA’s New Policy-2
. 347.I’m Pregnant
. 348.Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage
. 349.Impolite to His Brother
. 350.Protecting the Public
. 351.Malibu to License Paparazzi
. 352.I'm Moving to NY
. 353.The Heart Attack-1
. 354.The Heart Attack-2
. 355.Let's Speak English

THE END

Update: October 16th, 2016.
PayPal về email:
thuquy.vietditru@gmail.com

Chi phiếu gửi về:
Jimmy Ton
4369 46 St.
San Diego, CA 92115

Việt Nam chuyển tới:
Phạm Thị Tuyết Phượng
Số tài khoản: 4973099
ACB Châu Văn Liêm, TPHCM

Ý kiến về Quỹ VietDitru

ESL đăng ký: Bạn không cần phải đăng ký gì cả. Chỉ việc nhẩy vào bài ESL 1 học và làm bài tập. Tiếp tục những bài kế tiếp càng nhanh càng tốt. Mình sẽ 888 và thỉnh thoảng cùng nhau nhắc nhở cho vui hén. Chứ thật ra việc học là việc của tự bản thân mình. Mình giỏi thì mình được nhờ hén.

Nickname           # bài
-----------------------------------------
Anthonydavetruong 51
BaoLaTinhChua 1
Bluecloud 1
bongbong 3
Brianthao08 2
Brenda 8
Cachua 4
Catandpuppy 2
Chaubaoct 11
Chauongco 2