ESL 277: The Doctor's Almost Perfect Children

Download

Veronica was an only child. Even as a child, she decided that she was going to be a doctor. All her dolls became her patients. All her dollhouses became hospitals for her patients. She spent her early childhood treating her patients for all kinds of diseases and injuries. She saved all of them and billed none of them.

Veronica got straight A's in high school and college, because she knew that good grades would help her get into a good medical school. She graduated from medical school near the top of her class. She became a pediatrician. She got married and had two kids, one boy and one girl. Veronica's husband David was an architect and a great cook. Her children did their homework without being told. They got straight A's in school. They ate all their vegetables without complaining. They were perfect little children, except for one thing: They argued with each other constantly.

Veronica got home at 4:30 p.m. today. David gave her a big kiss and a hug. Then her kids gave her a kiss and a hug. She went upstairs and changed into shorts and a T-shirt. When she returned, the kids were waiting for her in the living room to talk about their day in school.

Marvin, 10, said that today his biology teacher helped them cut up dead frogs. They smelled bad, but he enjoyed seeing their little body parts, like their lungs and heart. "I like biology," Marvin said. "I want to be a biologist, an animal doctor, and an inventor when I grow up. I'm going to invent a pill so that animals all learn to live together without eating each other all the time."

"You're crazy!" exclaimed Rebecca. "What are the animals going to eat if they don't eat each other?"

"You don't know anything. You're a girl and you're only nine," taunted Marvin.

"Marvin, be polite to your sister," Veronica admonished.

"Yes, ma'am," he said. "I apologize, dear little sister."

"That didn't sound very sincere, mommy," Rebecca complained.

"Okay, here's how I'll keep the animals from eating each other. I already thought of that, of course. The solution is a pill that will make all animals like to eat grass, like the cows and sheep do. That way no more animals will eat each other, and kids won't have to mow the lawn any more. So, that will kill two birds with one stone."

"Well, that's very clever," Veronica told Marvin.

"Now, tell us about your day, Rebecca," Veronica said.

"Well, as you know, mommy, I'm going to be a real doctor like you, not a mad scientist like somebody I know," Rebecca started, and then stuck her tongue out at her brother.

444057 top -

*Vocabulary:

• admonish:
• architect:
• argue:
• biology:
• complain:
• constantly:
• disease:
• doll:
• frog:
• graduate:
• hug:
• injury:
• medical:
• mow:
• patient:
• pediatrician:
• sincere:
• taunt:
• stick out:

--------------------

*Wh-Questions:

• How many sisters does Veronica have?

• How many brothers does Veronica have?

• How many siblings does Veronica have?

• What did she decide as a child?

• What did her dolls and dollhouses become?

• How did she spend her early childhood?

• How many of her patients did she save?

• How much did she charge her patients?

• What were her grades in high school and college?

• Why were good grades important?

-----------------------

*Fill in blanks:

Veronica was an only child. Even as a ____ , she decided that she was going to be ____ doctor. All her dolls became her patients. All ____ dollhouses became hospitals for her patients. She spent ____ early childhood treating her patients for all kinds ____ diseases and injuries. She saved all of them ____ billed none of them.

Veronica got straight A’s ____ high school and college, because she knew that ____ grades would help her get into a good ____ school. She graduated from medical school near the ____ of her class. She became a pediatrician. She ____ married and had two kids, one boy and ____ girl. Veronica’s husband David was an architect and ____ great cook. Her children did their homework without ____ told. They got straight A’s in school. They ____ all their vegetables without complaining. They were perfect ____ children, except for one thing: They argued with ____ other constantly.

Veronica got home at 4:30 p.m. ____ . David gave her a big kiss and a ____ . Then her kids gave her a kiss and ____ hug. She went upstairs and changed into shorts ____ a T-shirt. When she returned, the kids were____ for her in the living room to talk ____ their day in school.

Marvin, 10, said that ____ his biology teacher helped them cut up dead ____ . They smelled bad, but he enjoyed seeing their ____ body parts, like their lungs and heart. “I ____ biology,” Marvin said. “I want to be a ____ , an animal doctor, and an inventor when I ____ up. I’m going to invent a pill so ____ animals all learn to live together without eating ____ other all the time.”

“You’re crazy!” exclaimed Rebecca. “____ are the animals going to eat if they ____ ’t eat each other?”

“You don’t know anything. You’re ____ girl and you’re only nine,” taunted Marvin.

“Marvin, ____ polite to your sister,” Veronica admonished.

“Yes, ma’am,” ____ said. “I apologize, dear little sister.”

“That didn’t ____ very sincere, mommy,” Rebecca complained.

“Okay, here’s how ____ ’ll keep the animals from eating each other. I ____ thought of that, of course. The solution is ____ pill that will make all animals like to ____ grass, like the cows and sheep do. That ____ no more animals will eat each other, and ____ won’t have to mow the lawn any more. ____ , that will kill two birds with one stone.”

“____ , that’s very clever,” Veronica told Marvin.

“Now, tell____ about your day, Rebecca,” Veronica said.

“Well, as ____ know, mommy, I’m going to be a real ____ like you, not a mad scientist like somebody ____ know,” Rebecca started, and then stuck her tongue ____ at her brother.

--------------------

*Translate into Vietnamese:

444059 top -

*Vocabulary:

• admonish: khiển trách, la rầy, nhớ lại
• architect: kiến trúc sư
• argue: tranh cãi
• biology: sinh học
• complain: than phiền
• constantly: không thay đổi
• disease: bệnh
• doll: búp bê
• frog: con ếch
• graduate: tốt nghiệp
• hug: ôm
• injury: bị thương
• medical: thuốc
• mow: bĩu môi/ đống cỏ, cắt cỏ gặt lúa
• patient: bệnh nhân
• pediatrician: bác sĩ nhi khoa
• sincere: thân thiện
• taunt: chế nhạo
• stick out: dính ra

===========================================================

*Wh-Questions:

• How many sisters does Veronica have? None

• How many brothers does Veronica have? None

• How many siblings does Veronica have? None

• What did she decide as a child? that she was going to be a doctor

• What did her dolls and dollhouses become? her patients and hospitals

• How did she spend her early childhood? treating her patients for all kinds of deseases and injuries.

• How many of her patients did she save? all of them

• How much did she charge her patients? None

• What were her grades in high school and college? A

• Why were good grades important? because she knew that good grades would help her get into a good medical school.

==========================================================

*Fill in blanks:

Veronica was an only child. Even as a __child__ , she decided that she was going to be __a__ doctor. All her dolls became her patients. All _her___ dollhouses became hospitals for her patients. She spent __her__ early childhood treating her patients for all kinds __of__ diseases and injuries. She saved all of them __and__ billed none of them.

Veronica got straight A’s __in__ high school and college, because she knew that __good__ grades would help her get into a good ____medical__ school. She graduated from medical school near the _top___ of her class. She became a pediatrician. She _got___ married and had two kids, one boy and __one__ girl. Veronica’s husband David was an architect and __a__ great cook. Her children did their homework without ____being__ told. They got straight A’s in school. They __ate__ all their vegetables without complaining. They were perfect ____little__ children, except for one thing: They argued with __each__ other constantly.

Veronica got home at 4:30 p.m. ____today__ . David gave her a big kiss and a __hug__ . Then her kids gave her a kiss and __a__ hug. She went upstairs and changed into shorts __and__ a T-shirt. When she returned, the kids were____waiting__ for her in the living room to talk ____about__ their day in school.

Marvin, 10, said that ____today__ his biology teacher helped them cut up dead ____frogs__ . They smelled bad, but he enjoyed seeing their ____little__ body parts, like their lungs and heart. “I _like___ biology,” Marvin said. “I want to be a ____biologist__ , an animal doctor, and an inventor when I _grow___ up. I’m going to invent a pill so __that__ animals all learn to live together without eating __each__ other all the time.”

“You’re crazy!” exclaimed Rebecca. “__What__ are the animals going to eat if they __don__ ’t eat each other?”

“You don’t know anything. You’re __a__ girl and you’re only nine,” taunted Marvin.

“Marvin, ___be_ polite to your sister,” Veronica admonished.

“Yes, ma’am,” ___he_ said. “I apologize, dear little sister.”

“That didn’t ____sound__ very sincere, mommy,” Rebecca complained.

“Okay, here’s how __I__ ’ll keep the animals from eating each other. I ____already__ thought of that, of course. The solution is __a__ pill that will make all animals like to __eat__ grass, like the cows and sheep do. That __way__ no more animals will eat each other, and __kids__ won’t have to mow the lawn any more. __So__ , that will kill two birds with one stone.”

“__Well__ , that’s very clever,” Veronica told Marvin.

“Now, tell__us__ about your day, Rebecca,” Veronica said.

“Well, as __you__ know, mommy, I’m going to be a real ____doctor__ like you, not a mad scientist like somebody __I__ know,” Rebecca started, and then stuck her tongue __out__ at her brother.

Bác sĩ thường là trẻ em gần như hoàn hảo

Veronica là con một. Ngay cả khi là trẻ con, cô đã quyết định là cô sẽ trở thành bác sĩ. Tất cả búp bê của cô trở thành bệnh nhân của cô. Những ngôi nhà búp bê của cô thành các bệnh viện cho các bệnh nhân của cô. Cô dành thời gian trẻ thơ của mình để chữa bệnh cho các bệnh nhân đủ loại bệnh và thương tật. Cô cứu sống tất cả và không tính tiền ai.

Veronica dành điểm A ở trường trung học và đại học, vì cô biết điểm tốt sẽ giúp cô được vào trường y tốt. Cô tốt nghiệp trường y gần đứng đầu lớp. Cô trở thành bác sĩ nhi khoa. Cô lập gia đình và có hai con, một trai mọt gái. Chồng của Veronica David là một kiến trúc sư và nấu ăn rất ngon. Con của cô làm bài tập không cần phải bảo. Chúng được điểm A ở trường. Chúng ăn tất cả rau củ không than phiền. Chúng là những đứa trẻ nhỏ hoàn hảo, ngoại trừ một điều: Chúng thường tranh cãi với nhau.

Veronica về nhà lúc 4:30 pm. hôm nay. David hôn cô và ôm cô. Rồi bọn trẻ ôm hôn cô. Cô lên lầu thay quần sóc và áo thun. Khi quay xuống nhà, bọn trẻ đang đợi cô trong phòng khách để nói về ngày hôm nay ở trường.

Marvin, 10 tuổi, nói hôm nay giáo viên sinh học giúp chúng mổ ếch chết. Chúng hôi, nhưng nó thích thú nhìn những bộ phận cơ thể nhỏ xíu, như phổi và tim. "Con thích sinh học," Marvin nói. "Con muốn trở thành nhà sinh vật học, một bác sĩ thú y, và một nhà phát minh khi lớn lên. Con sẽ phát minh ra loại thuốc để các con thú có thể học cách sống với nhau mà lúc nào cũng không ăn thịt lẫn nhau".

"Anh khùng quá!" Rebecca giải thích. " Rồi mấy con thú sẽ ăn gì nếu chúng không ăn lẫn nhau?"

"Em không biết gì cả. Em là con gái và chỉ mới chín tuổi," Marvin trêu chọc.

"Marvin, lịch sự với em," Veronica rầy.

"Dạ, thưa bà," nó nói. "Anh xin lỗi, em gái nhỏ yêu quí."

"Nghe không có chân thành gì cả, mẹ," Rebecca than phiền.

"Okay, đây là cách anh sẽ làm thế nào cho các con thú không ăn thịt lẫn nhau. Anh đã suy nghĩ về vấn đề đó, dĩ nhiên. Cách giải quyết là loại thúoc đó sẽ làm cho tất cả các con thú sẽ thích ăn cỏ, như bò và cừu thích. Cách đó sẽ không có con thú nào ăn thịt lẫn nhau, và trẻ con không phải cắt cỏ nữa. Như vậy, sẽ một công đôi việc."

"Này, điều đó rất thông minh," Veronica bảo Marvin.

"Giờ, kể cho mọi người nghe về ngày của con, Rebecca," Veronica nói.

"À, như mẹ biết, con sẽ là bác sĩ thực thụ giống như mẹ, không phải một nhà khoa học điên rồ như ai đó con biết," Rebecca bắt đầu, và le lưỡi về phía anh trai mình.

444163 top -

@ chị lanhuongbm:

Chị lanhuongbm chịu khó xem lại nghe:

1. possessive case or to be?

The Doctor's Almost Perfect Children
Bác sĩ thường trẻ em gần như hoàn hảo

2. the only child = con một.

Veronica was an only child
Veronica chỉ là một đứa trẻ.

3. kill two birds with one stone = một công đôi việc/nhất cử lưỡng tiện.
So, that will kill two birds with one stone."
Như vậy, sẽ giết hai con chim chỉ với một hòn đá."

kills two birds with one stone

(idiomatic) To solve two problems with one single action.

Biking to work kills two birds with one stone. It saves money travelling and will help to lose weight.
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/kill_two_ ... _one_stone

Chúc chị vui khoẻ.

Thân ái.

446041 top -

Dạ, lanhuong đã sửa lại. Nhưng còn tựa thì chưa biết dịch lại làm sao.

446508 top -
LESSON 277:

THE DOCTOR'S ALMOST PERFECT CHILDREN-
NHỮNG ĐỨA CON GẦN NHƯ HOÀN HẢO CỦA BẮC SĨ.

*Vocabulary:

------------------------------------------------------------------
• admonish: la rầy, quở mắng.
• architect: kiến trúc sư.
• argue: tranh cãi, cãi nhau.
• biology: sinh vật học
• complain: kêu ca, phàn nàn, than phiền.
• constantly: thương xuyên.
• disease: bệnh tật.
• doll: búp bê.
• frog: con ếch.
• graduate: tốt nghiệp.
• hug: ôm, ôm chặt.
• injury: bị thương.
• medical: y học, y khoa.
• mow: cắt(cỏ).
• patient: bệnh nhân.
• pediatrician: bác sĩ nhi nhoa.
• sincere: chân thật, thành thật.
• taunt: mắng nhiếc, trêu chọc.
• stick out: nhô ra, thò ra.

*Wh-Questions:
• How many sisters does Veronica have?
- She doesn't have any sisters.

• How many brothers does Veronica have?
-She doesn't have any brothers.

• How many siblings does Veronica have?
-She doesn't have any siblings.

• What did she decide as a child?
-She decided that she was going to be a doctor.

• What did her dolls and dollhouses become?
- Her dolls and her dollhouses became patients and hospitals.

• How did she spend her early childhood?
- She spent her early childhood by treating her patients for all kinds of diseases and injuries.

• How many of her patients did she save?
-[i] She saved all of them.

• How much did she charge her patients?
- She didn't charge her patient.

• What were her grades in high school and college?
- Her grades in high school and college were good.

• Why were good grades important?
Because good grades would help her get into a good medical school.

*Fill in blanks:
Veronica was an only child. Even as a child, she decided that she was going to be a doctor. All her dolls became her patients. All her dollhouses became hospitals for her patients. She spent her early childhood treating her patients for all kinds of diseases and injuries. She saved all of them and billed none of them.

Veronica got straight A’s in high school and college, because she knew that good grades would help her get into a good medical school. She graduated from medical school near the top of her class. She became a pediatrician. She got married and had two kids, one boy and one girl. Veronica’s husband David was an architect and a great cook. Her children did their homework without being told. They got straight A’s in school. They ate all their vegetables without complaining. They were perfect little children, except for one thing: They argued with each other constantly.

Veronica got home at 4:30 p.m. today. David gave her a big kiss and a hug. Then her kids gave her a kiss and a hug. She went upstairs and changed into shorts and a T-shirt. When she returned, the kids were waiting for her in the living room to talk about their day in school.

Marvin, 10, said that today his biology teacher helped them cut up dead frog. They smelled bad, but he enjoyed seeing their little body parts, like their lungs and heart. “I liked biology,” Marvin said. “I want to be a biologist, an animal doctor, and an inventor when I grow up. I’m going to invent a pill so that animals all learn to live together without eating each other all the time.”

“You’re crazy!” exclaimed Rebecca. “What are the animals going to eat if they don’t eat each other?”

“You don’t know anything. You’re a girl and you’re only nine,” taunted Marvin.

“Marvin, be polite to your sister,” Veronica admonished.

“Yes, ma’am,” he said. “I apologize, dear little sister.”

“That didn’t seem very sincere, mommy,” Rebecca complained.

“Okay, here’s how I’ll keep the animals from eating each other. I already thought of that, of course. The solution is a pill that will make all animals like to eat grass, like the cows and sheep do. That way no more animals will eat each other, and kids won’t have to mow the lawn any more. So, that will kill two birds with one stone.”

Yes, that’s very clever,” Veronica told Marvin.

“Now, tell usabout your day, Rebecca,” Veronica said.

“Well, as you know, mommy, I’m going to be a real doctor like you, not a mad scientist like somebody I know,” Rebecca started, and then stuck her tongue out at her brother.

Veronica là con một. Ngay khi còn là một đứa trẻ, cô bé đã quyết định sẽ trở thành một bác sĩ. Tất cả các con búp bê của cô trở thành bệnh nhân của cô. Tất cả những ngôi nhà búp bê của cô trở thành bệnh viện cho các bệnh nhân của cô. Cô trải qua thời tuổi thơ của mình với việc điều trị cho tất cả các loại bệnh tật và thương tích. Cô cứu sống tất cả mọi người và không gởi hoá đơn tính tiền cho một ai cả.

Veronica đạt điểm A ở trường trung học và cao đẳng vì cô biết rằng điểm số cao như thế sẽ giúp cô vào được một trường y danh tiếng. Cô tốt nghiệp trường y suýt soát vào tốp đầu của lớp. Cô trở thành một bác sĩ nhi khoa. Cô lấy chồng và có hai đứa con, một trai và một gái. David, chồng của Veronica là một kiến trúc sư và là một đầu bếp tuyệt vời. Mấy đưa con của cô làm bài tập ở nhà mà không cần nhắc nhở. Chúng đạt điểm A ở trường học. Chúng ăn tất cả các loại rau mà không hề kêu ca. Chúng là những đứa trẻ hoàn hảo, ngoại trừ một chuyện: chúng thường xuyên cãi vã với nhau.

Hôm nay Veronica trở về nhà vào lúc 4 giờ 30 chiều. David tặng cô một nụ hôn và một vòng tay ôm chặt. Sau đó bọn trẻ hôn cô và ôm cô. Cô lên lầu thay đồ và mặc một cái quần soóc và một áo thun không cổ. Lúc cô quay trở lại, bọn trẻ đang đợi cô trong phòng khách để kể chuyện trong ngày ở trường học.

Marvin, 10 tuổi, nói ngày hôm nay thầy giáo môn sinh vật giúp học trò cắt nhỏ một con ếch đã chết. Con ếch bốc mùi, nhưng cậu thích thú quan sát từng bộ phận cơ thể nhỏ xíu của nó, như lá phổi và quả tim. "Con thích môn sinh vật," Marvin nói. "Con muốn trở thành một nhà sinh vật học, một bác sĩ thú y, và một nhà phát minh khi con lớn lên. Con sẽ phát minh ra một viên thuốc sao cho tất cả loài động vật luôn luôn phải học cách chung sống với nhau mà không ăn thịt lẫn nhau."

"Anh thật điên rồ!" Rebecca la lên. "Loài vật sẽ ăn thứ gì nếu chúng không ăn thịt lẫn nhau cơ chứ?"

"Mày chẳng biết gi cả. Mày là một đứa con gái và mày chỉ mới chín tuổi thôi," Marvin chế nhạo.

"Marvin, phải lịch sự với em gái con nào," Veronica la rầy.

"Vâng, thưa bà," cậu nói. "Anh xin lỗi, em gái cưng."

"Nghe như không được thành thật đó, mẹ à." Rebecca phàn nàn.

"Dạ, đây là cách con làm cho loài vật không ăn thịt lẫn nhau. Dĩ nhiên, con vừa nghĩ tới điều đó. Giải pháp là một viên thuốc sẽ khiến cho loài vật thích ăn cỏ, giống như con bò và con cừu vẫn ăn. Với cách đó sẽ không còn loài vật ăn thịt lẫn nhau, và lũ trẻ sẽ không phải cắt cỏ nữa. Như thế điều đó sẽ làm được một công đôi việc."

"Tốt lắm, thật là tài giỏi," Veronica bảo với Marvin.

"Nào, bây giờ hãy kể về ngày đến trường của con đi, Rebecca." Veronica nói.

"Dạ, Mẹ à, như mẹ biết rồi, con sẽ trở thành một bác sĩ thật sự giống như mẹ, chứ không phải là một nhà khoa học điên khùng giống như ai kia mà con biết," Rebecca bắt đầu, và sau đó thè lưỡi trêu chọc anh mình.

488611 top -

. 1.New To America
. 2.A Haircut
. 3.The Yardman
. 4.Grab Your Umbrellas
. 5.Shopping for Bargains
. 6.Horses to Ride
. 7.A Shower Injury
. 8.Pete's Sharp Knife
. 9.A Good Sandwich
. 10.Sara's Upset Stomach
. 11.Please Marry Me!
. 12.Laundry Day
. 13.A Noisy Neighbor
. 14.The New Realtor
. 15.The Fire Alarm
. 16.Eddie's Short Visit
. 17.Carbon Monoxide
. 18.A Visit to Asia
. 19.School Boys
. 20.The Loose Button
. 21.The Pile of Paper
. 22.Brushing and Flossing
. 23.Raising the Kids
. 24.A Clean Toilet Bowl
. 25.A Love Letter
. 26.A Bird Attacks
. 27.A Daytime Robbery
. 28.Trick or Treat
. 29.The Motorcycle Rider
. 30.Spock Saves His Dad
. 31.Provider Overbills Customer
. 32.The Breakup
. 33.Famous Model Dies
. 34.Shopping Carts Everywhere
. 35.Four Slit Throats
. 36.Does Garlic Mean Garlic?
. 37.A Jealous Girlfriend
. 38.Towns Hit by Snowstorms
. 39.Another Jealous Girlfriend
. 40.She Loves Her Son
. 41.The Doctor’s Exam
. 42.Hospitals Can Make You Sick
. 43.English Is So Hard
. 44.Hollywood Stars and Tourists
. 45.GEICO’s TV Lizard
. 46.Law and Order in LA
. 47.Destruction of Iraq
. 48.Have You Seen This Man?
. 49.LA Traffic Report
. 50.LA Radio News

. 51.Trash Truck Misses Pick-up
. 52.Her First Driving Accident
. 53.You’re Not a Good Principal
. 54.I’ve Got You Covered
. 55.Paris Goes to Jail in LA
. 56.A Year with No TV
. 57.Let’s Buy Some Paint
. 58.I Need Water for My Clients
. 59.Putting Bunny to Sleep
. 60.Where Is That Darn Battery?
. 61.If You Really Love Me…
. 62.The Wedding Gift (1)
. 63.The Wedding Gift (2)
. 64.Does a Tiger Change Its Stripes?
. 65.No Place Like an Open House
. 66."We Could Have All Died!"
. 67.It’s the Thought that Counts
. 68.Who Ordered the Scallops?
. 69.You’re Not My Daddy
. 70.Let He Who Is Without Sin…
. 71.Shopping at the 99 Cents Store
. 72.Betting Big in Vegas
. 73.Priced to Sell!
. 74.The Handyman Comes
. 75.A Woman Has Needs
. 76.A Hot Day and a Cool Pool
. 77.Up, Up, and Away
. 78.Man's Best Friend
. 79.Six Feet Under
. 80.An Unhappy Worker
. 81.Why the Sky Is Brown
. 82.It’s a Small World
. 83.Suspicious Shoppers
. 84.Death Is Part of Life
. 85.Tagger Shoots Woman
. 86.Crime on the Rise
. 87.Too Soft on Crime
. 88.Pluto Chases Kid
. 89.In Harm’s Way
. 90."Semper Buy"
. 91.A Little Respect, Please
. 92.A Dream from Beyond-1
. 93.A Dream from Beyond-2
. 94.A Trip to Egypt
. 95.No Doughnuts for Old Folks
. 96.It’s Just Business
. 97.A Walk in the Wild
. 98.Elvis Is Alive and Well
. 99.Bad Weed, Bad Call
. 100.Shark Attack

. 101.Love in the Hospital
. 102.Interstate Bridge Collapses
. 103.Stop Selling Those Bunnies
. 104.Actor Tries to Kill Himself
. 105.US Senator Says He’s not Gay
. 106.E.Coli Is Everywhere
. 107.Influenza
. 108.The Hospital Orderly-1
. 109.The Hospital Orderly-2
. 110.Flower Power
. 111.Dog Inherits Millions
. 112.Man Holds Staff Hostage
. 113.Young Boy Defends Sister
. 114.Remember Me?
. 115.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 116.Sail Around the World
. 117.New Dog-Barking Law
. 118.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-1
. 119.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-2
. 120.Cleaning a Dirty Plate
. 121.Her Driving Lesson
. 122.Hurricane Dean
. 123.Adventurer Disappears
. 124.Nursing Student Disappears
. 125.The Lovely Banana
. 126.Smells like Chicken
. 127.The Wedding-1
. 128.The Wedding-2
. 129.The Waiter
. 130.Your Country Thanks You
. 131.D.B.Cooper Lives On-1
. 132.D.B.Cooper Lives On-2
. 133.I’m No Alcoholic!
. 134.48 Homes Burn Down-1
. 135.48 Homes Burn Down-2
. 136.Drought Attacks Georgia
. 137.A Bad MRI Experience
. 138.Body in a Barrel-1
. 139.Body in a Barrel-2
. 140.Red Meat, Gray Water
. 141.All Bite, No Bark
. 142.Tiger Kills Two Men-1
. 143.Tiger Kills Two Men-2
. 144.Red Flowers Make Her See Red
. 145.The Starbucks Robbery
. 146.The Argument-1
. 147.The Argument-2
. 148.The Toilet Tank-1
. 149.The Toilet Tank-2
. 150.Santa Was Molested

. 151.Fire Kills Two Young Girls
. 152.Police Arrest Fire-Starters
. 153.Get out of "Jail"-1
. 154.Get out of "Jail"-2
. 155.New Year Celebrations
. 156.$50K to Waitress-1
. 157.$50K to Waitress-2
. 158.Who Needs School?
. 159.Black Friday
. 160.JFK Assassination
. 161.Don’t Top Off the Tanks
. 162.The Clapper
. 163.Tuberculosis Still Kills
. 164.Old Dogs Become Young Again
. 165.Ham and Eggplant
. 166.A Hole in Her Ear-1
. 167.A Hole in Her Ear-2
. 168.The Drugs Keep Coming
. 169.Missing Husband-1
. 170.Missing Husband-2
. 171.Don’t Get Mad-Get Even
. 172.The Christmas Gift-1
. 173.The Christmas Gift-2
. 174.The Haircut-1
. 175.The Haircut-2
. 176.The Robbery at the Mall-1
. 177.The Robbery at the Mall-2
. 178.The Driving Lesson-1
. 179.The Driving Lesson-2
. 180.The Move to Georgia-1
. 181.The Move to Georgia-2
. 182.I’ll Get a Job in a Restaurant
. 183.A Cleaner River-1
. 184.A Cleaner River-2
. 185.The Spitter
. 186.Kill Those Flies-1
. 187.Kill Those Flies-2
. 188.The Oil Change-1
. 189.The Oil Change-2
. 190.Boy Starts Huge Fire
. 191.Writers Go on Strike
. 192.Please Don’t Hurt Me!
. 193.It’s Just a Little White Lie
. 194.Jury Service in California
. 195.The Rude Golfer-1
. 196.The Rude Golfer-2
. 197.Man Invents Toilet for Cars
. 198.Monkeys Cause Man’s Death
. 199.The Light Eater-1
. 200.The Light Eater-2

. 201.Sara Went Shopping
. 202.Man Injured at Fast Food Place
. 203.A Life-Saving Cow
. 204.Driver Loses Mabel, Finds Jail
. 205.Jerry Decided To Buy a Gun
. 206.Freeway Chase
. 207.Better To Be Unlucky
. 208.Food Fight Erupted in Prison
. 209.How His Pig is Doing
. 210.Goats Being Hired
. 211.A Missing Cat
. 212.Book Him
. 213.Water Under the Sink-1
. 214.Water Under the Sink-2
. 215.Theft Occurs Everywhere
. 216.Eggs and a Bunny
. 217.Goodbye to Clean Couple
. 218.$100 Deposit
. 219.Books Don’t Grow on Trees
. 220.A Murder-Suicide
. 221.New Store and Its Owners
. 222.Hit-and-Run Charge
. 223.Gasoline Prices Hit Record High
. 224.A Festival of Books
. 225.Crazy Housing Prices
. 226.Happy and Unhappy Renters
. 227.Pulling Out Nine Tons of Trash
. 228.Cloning Pets
. 229.Rentals at the Oceanside
. 230.Trees Are a Threat
. 231.Gets Booked, Writes a Book
. 232.Popular Park Reopens
. 233.Swim Classes Begin Soon
. 234.Not Sitting Around
. 235.Get Millions for Homeless
. 236.Tenants Watch Building Burn
. 237.Bathtub Blues
. 238.Blood Drive at Civic Center
. 239.City Hosts 42nd Art Fair
. 240.City and Crime
. 241.Bank Robbery
. 242.Immigration Goes Online
. 243.Jimmy Fixes His Door
. 244.Needs a New Air-Conditioner
. 245.Man Gets 12 Years for Fraud
. 246.Man Shoots Up Post Office
. 247.Murals Are Over 200 Years Old
. 248.Pier Collapses
. 249.Cameras in Police Cars
. 250.A School Girl Sues Her School

. 251.SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying
. 252.Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool
. 253.Woman Dies in House Fire
. 254.Plane Crashes into House
. 255.Fishing for Girls
. 256.Shot Next to Christmas Tree
. 257.Stabbed Outside Nightclub
. 258.Fishing Boat Sinks
. 259.The Mysterious Carport Stain
. 260.Lies About Winning Lottery
. 261.Victory Dance Leads to Death
. 262.Eat Your Vegetables
. 263.Honk if You're in a Hurry
. 264.The Man Who Loved Women
. 265.How to Get out of Jury Duty
. 266.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 267.Female Seeks Mature Male
. 268.Let’s Go Fishing
. 269.Train Wreck “Frees” Cows
. 270.Valuable Guitar Found
. 271.Stepmother Kills Herself
. 272.Beautiful Teacher Smiles
. 273.Are Criminals Taking Over LA?
. 274.Police Arrest Happy Van Driver
. 275.Say Your Prayers
. 276.The Final Phone Call
. 277.Almost Perfect Children
. 278.There Goes the Neighborhood!
. 279.Let’s Go to Vegas!
. 280.Squirrel Attacks Woman
. 281.To Save His Baby
. 282.English Is Confusing
. 283.Pump Up the Tires
. 284.Don’t Go Swimming
. 285.The Park That Went to the Dogs
. 286.Can You Spare a Carburetor?
. 287.Golf Like a Girl
. 288.Take Me Out to the Ball Game
. 289.Take This Job and Shove It
. 290.Where Did That Book Go?
. 291.When You’ve Got Your Health
. 292.That ‘New Car’ Smell
. 293.Inviting Poor Student to Dinner
. 294.When I'm in the Bathroom
. 295.It Was an Old, Worthless Clock
. 296.Five-Finger Discount on Candy
. 297.Collecting Seashells
. 298.At the Store Entrance
. 299.We Will See the World
. 300.Get Me a Caffe Latte

. 301.The Slow Computer-1
. 302.The Slow Computer-2
. 303.The Careful Reader
. 304.Avoid the Flu
. 305.Magician Attracts Women
. 306.US Border Patrol
. 307.Car Shopping in California
. 308.Happy Anniversary
. 309.“Read All about It!”
. 310.A Factory Worker
. 311.Bad Pork
. 312.Don’t Eat the Meat
. 313.Copper Robbers
. 314.Weekly Driving Lessons-1
. 315.Weekly Driving Lessons-2
. 316.Laundry Day-1
. 317.Laundry Day-2
. 318.The Bargain CD Set-1
. 319.The Bargain CD Set-2
. 320.It’s All Over
. 321.The New Clothes-1
. 322.The New Clothes-2
. 323.Food as Punishment
. 324.US Passports Outsourced
. 325.The Demanding Son
. 326.A Practical Joke
. 327.The Dead Pedestrian
. 328.Bad News, Good News
. 329.The Cluster Balloonist
. 330.The Rude Clerk
. 331.The Tax Charge
. 332.The Fire in the Hills-1
. 333.The Fire in the Hills-2
. 334.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-1
. 335.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-2
. 336.The Rental Car-1
. 337.The Rental Car-2
. 338.The Marathon Cheater
. 339.School Bus Crashes
. 340.Don’t Take My Property
. 341.New Law for Taco Trucks
. 342.The Refund-1
. 343.The Refund-2
. 344.Shut Your Mouth
. 345.TSA’s New Policy-1
. 346.TSA’s New Policy-2
. 347.I’m Pregnant
. 348.Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage
. 349.Impolite to His Brother
. 350.Protecting the Public
. 351.Malibu to License Paparazzi
. 352.I'm Moving to NY
. 353.The Heart Attack-1
. 354.The Heart Attack-2
. 355.Let's Speak English

THE END

Update: October 16th, 2016.
PayPal về email:
thuquy.vietditru@gmail.com

Chi phiếu gửi về:
Jimmy Ton
4369 46 St.
San Diego, CA 92115

Việt Nam chuyển tới:
Phạm Thị Tuyết Phượng
Số tài khoản: 4973099
ACB Châu Văn Liêm, TPHCM

Ý kiến về Quỹ VietDitru

ESL đăng ký: Bạn không cần phải đăng ký gì cả. Chỉ việc nhẩy vào bài ESL 1 học và làm bài tập. Tiếp tục những bài kế tiếp càng nhanh càng tốt. Mình sẽ 888 và thỉnh thoảng cùng nhau nhắc nhở cho vui hén. Chứ thật ra việc học là việc của tự bản thân mình. Mình giỏi thì mình được nhờ hén.

Nickname           # bài
-----------------------------------------
Anthonydavetruong 51
BaoLaTinhChua 1
Bluecloud 1
bongbong 3
Brianthao08 2
Brenda 8
Cachua 4
Catandpuppy 2
Chaubaoct 11
Chauongco 2