ESL 298: Check Your Bags at the Store Entrance

Download

Adrian's favorite store was the $1 Store. This store had everything, from fresh produce to birthday cards to gasoline additives. Everything was one dollar. Usually, he got very good deals; occasionally, he got ripped off.

A few days ago, Adrian bought six packages of ink for his printer. Then he found a deal on better ink at the local computer store. So Adrian went back to the $1 Store to exchange the ink for some other items.

He put the ink into a plastic bag and tied it up. When he entered the store, he immediately showed the bag to a clerk and told her that he was returning some items. She looked at him but said nothing. There were about ten people in her line. She was obviously very busy. Not knowing exactly what to do, Adrian put the bag into a push-cart and started shopping.

He was midway through shopping when a female employee suddenly stopped him. "Sir," she said sternly, "you are not allowed to carry a plastic bag of items around in this store. What's in this bag? Show me what's in the bag!"

Adrian was taken aback. There was no need for her to yell. He opened the bag and showed her the six packages of ink. "I'm returning these to exchange for some other items," Adrian said.

"You should have left the bag with the clerk when you entered this store. Let me see your receipt!" the employee demanded.

Adrian was embarrassed. He felt like a shoplifter. He looked around to see if anyone was paying attention. He showed her the receipt.

"Perhaps in the future you'll learn how to follow store policy. Leave this bag here with the clerk. You can have your receipt and bag back when you check out."

By the time Adrian had finished shopping and exchanged the items, he was angry. How dare she treat him like a criminal? He went looking for her. He wanted an apology. He found her in the produce section and asked what her name was. She mumbled something. He asked her again, and this time he heard "Ursula."

"Ursula what?" he asked. She yelled at him, "Ursula!" and stormed away.

When Adrian got home, he called the store's corporate headquarters. This rude employee was about to lose her job, he said to himself. He described his unpleasant experience to a customer service representative. She was sympathetic. "Our employees are taught to be polite. We will not tolerate such behavior. Give me your phone number and I will call you back."

Two days later, Adrian received a phone call from the representative. "I'm sorry," she said, "but there's no one at that store named Ursula. Can you describe her? I'll find out who she is. I assure you, we do not tolerate rude behavior, nor do we tolerate lying to customers."

By this time, Adrian had calmed down. He didn't really want the employee to lose her job. He told the representative to forget about it.

446062 top -

*Vocabulary:

• produce
• additive
• ink
• obviously
• employee
• sternly
• receipt
• demand
• embarrassed
• shoplifter
• policy
• criminal
• mumble
• corporate
• headquarters
• describe
• representative
• sympathetic
• tolerate
• behavior
• ripoff

-------------------

*Wh-Questions:

• What was the name of his favorite store?

• What did the $1 Store have?

• How much was everything?

• What did he usually get?

• What occasionally happened to him?

• What did he buy a few days ago?

• Where did he find a deal on better ink?

• Where did he go back to?

• Why did he go back to the $1 Store?

• Where did he put the ink?

-------------------

*Fill in blanks:

Adrian’s favorite store was the $1 Store. This ___ had everything, from fresh produce to birthday cards___ gasoline additives. Everything was one dollar. Usually, he ___ very good deals; occasionally, he got ripped off.

___ few days ago, Adrian bought six packages of ___ for his printer. Then he found a deal ___ better ink at the local computer store. So ___ went back to the $1 Store to exchange ___ ink for some other items.

He put the ___ into a plastic bag and tied it up. ___ he entered the store, he immediately showed the ___ to a clerk and told her that he ___ returning some items. She looked at him but ___ nothing. There were about ten people in her ___ . She was obviously very busy. Not knowing exactly ___ to do, Adrian put the bag into a ___ -cart and started shopping.

He was midway through shopping ___ a female employee suddenly stopped him. “Sir,” she___ sternly, “you are not allowed to carry a ___ bag of items around in this store. What’s ___ this bag? Show me what’s in the bag!”

___ was taken aback. There was no need for ___ to yell. He opened the bag and showed___ the six packages of ink. “I’m returning these___ exchange for some other items,” Adrian said.

“You ___ have left the bag with the clerk when ___ entered this store. Let me see your receipt!” ___ employee demanded.

Adrian was embarrassed. He felt like ___ shoplifter. He looked around to see if anyone ___ paying attention. He showed her the receipt.

“Perhaps ___ the future you’ll learn how to follow store___ . Leave this bag here with the clerk. You ___ have your receipt and bag back when you ___ out.”

By the time Adrian had finished shopping___ exchanged the items, he was angry. How dare___ treat him like a criminal? He went looking ___ her. He wanted an apology. He found her ___ the produce section and asked what her name ___ . She mumbled something. He asked her again, and ___ time he heard “Ursula.”

“Ursula what?” he asked. ___ yelled at him, “Ursula!” and stormed away.

When___ got home, he called the store’s corporate headquarters. ___ rude employee was about to lose her job, ___ said to himself. He described his unpleasant experience ___ a customer service representative. She was sympathetic. “Our ___ are taught to be polite. We will not ___ such behavior. Give me your phone number and ___ will call you back.”

Two days later, Adrian ___ a phone call from the representative. “I’m sorry,” ___ said, “but there’s no one at that store Ursula. Can you describe her? I’ll find out ___ she is. I assure you, we do not ___ rude behavior, nor do we tolerate lying to___ .”

By this time, Adrian had calmed down. He ___ ’t really want the employee to lose her job. ___ told the representative to forget about it.

-----------------

*Translate into Vietnamese:

446063 top -

*Vocabulary:

• produce: sản xuất
• additive : cộng thêm
• ink : mực
• obviously: rõ ràng
• employee : nhân viên
• sternly : nghiêm khắc
• receipt : hoá đơn
• demand : đòi hỏi
• embarrassed : ôm
• shoplifter :người ăn cắp đồ trong tiệm
• policy : qui định
• criminal : tội ác
• mumble : lầm bầm
• corporate : liên kết
• headquarters : cơ quan chủ quản, đầu não
• describe : mô tả
• representative : đại diện
• sympathetic : thông cảm
• tolerate : tha thứ
• behavior : hành vi
• ripoff : xé ra

===========================================================

*Wh-Questions:

• What was the name of his favorite store? the $1 Store.

• What did the $1 Store have? everything

• How much was everything? one dollar

• What did he usually get? very good deals

• What occasionally happened to him? ripped off

• What did he buy a few days ago? six packages of ink

• Where did he find a deal on better ink? at the local computer store

• Where did he go back to? the $1 store

• Why did he go back to the $1 Store? to exchange the ink for some other items.

• Where did he put the ink? into a plastic bag

*Fill in blanks:

Adrian’s favorite store was the $1 Store. This _store__ had everything, from fresh produce to birthday cards_to__ gasoline additives. Everything was one dollar. Usually, he _got__ very good deals; occasionally, he got ripped off.

_A__ few days ago, Adrian bought six packages of __ink_ for his printer. Then he found a deal _on__ better ink at the local computer store. So __Adrian_ went back to the $1 Store to exchange __the_ ink for some other items.

He put the _ink__ into a plastic bag and tied it up. _When__ he entered the store, he immediately showed the __bag_ to a clerk and told her that he _was__ returning some items. She looked at him but __said_ nothing. There were about ten people in her _line__ . She was obviously very busy. Not knowing exactly _what__ to do, Adrian put the bag into a _push__ -cart and started shopping.

He was midway through shopping _when__ a female employee suddenly stopped him. “Sir,” she__said_ sternly, “you are not allowed to carry a __plastic_ bag of items around in this store. What’s _in__ this bag? Show me what’s in the bag!”

__Adrian__ was taken aback. There was no need for _her__ to yell. He opened the bag and showed__her_ the six packages of ink. “I’m returning these__to_ exchange for some other items,” Adrian said.

“You __should__ have left the bag with the clerk when __you_ entered this store. Let me see your receipt!” __the_ employee demanded.

Adrian was embarrassed. He felt like _a__ shoplifter. He looked around to see if anyone _was__ paying attention. He showed her the receipt.

“Perhaps _in__ the future you’ll learn how to follow store____policy_ . Leave this bag here with the clerk. You __can_ have your receipt and bag back when you _check__ out.”

By the time Adrian had finished shopping__and_ exchanged the items, he was angry. How dare__she_ treat him like a criminal? He went looking __for_ her. He wanted an apology. He found her _in__ the produce section and asked what her name _was__ . She mumbled something. He asked her again, and _this__ time he heard “Ursula.”

“Ursula what?” he asked. _She__ yelled at him, “Ursula!” and stormed away.

When____Adrian_ got home, he called the store’s corporate headquarters. __This_ rude employee was about to lose her job, _he__ said to himself. He described his unpleasant experience __to_ a customer service representative. She was sympathetic. “Our __employees__ are taught to be polite. We will not __tolerate__ such behavior. Give me your phone number and __I_ will call you back.”

Two days later, Adrian ____received_ a phone call from the representative. “I’m sorry,” __she_ said, “but there’s no one at that store Ursula. Can you describe her? I’ll find out _who__ she is. I assure you, we do not __tolerate__ rude behavior, nor do we tolerate lying to____customers_ .”

By this time, Adrian had calmed down. He _didn__ ’t really want the employee to lose her job. __He_ told the representative to forget about it.

Kiểm tra túi của bạn ở lối vào cửa tiệm

Cửa hàng yêu thích của Adrian là cửa hàng $1. Cửa hàng này có mọi thứ, từ những sản phẩm mới sản xuất đến thiệp sinh nhật đến phụ gia cho xăng. Mọi thứ đều giá một đô la. Thường, anh có nhiều vụ mua bán tốt; thi thoảng, anh bị lột sạch.

Vài ngày trước, Adrian mua sáu hộp mực cho máy in của mình. Rồi anh thấy có bán mực tốt hơn ở cửa hàng máy tính địa phương. Nên Adrian quay lại cửa hàng $1 để đổi mực cho những thứ khác.

Anh bỏ mực trong túi nhựa và cột lại. Khi vào cửa hàng, anh lập tức chìa túi ra cho nhân viên bán hàng và bảo cô là anh trả lại vài món hàng. Cô nhìn anh nhưng chẳng nói gì. Có khoảng mười người đang xếp hàng chổ cô. Cô rõ ràng đang rất bận. Chẳng biết phải làm gì, Adrian bỏ túi lên xe đẩy và bắt đầu mua hàng.

Anh đang mua giữa chừng thì một nữ nhân viên bỗng dừng anh lại. "Ông," cô nói nghiêm khắc, "ông không được phép mang túi chứa đồ trong cửa hàng. Cái túi này có gì ở trong? Cho tôi xem có gì bên trong túi!"

Adrian lui lại. Không có gì để cô phải la lên. Anh mở túi và cho cô ấy xem sáu hộp mực. "Tôi trả lại những thứ này để đổi những thứ khác," Adrian nói.

"Anh phải để cái túi này ngoài chổ thu ngân khi vào cửa hàng. Cho tôi xem hoá đơn của anh!" nhân viên yêu cầu.

Adrian bối rối. Anh cảm thấy như là kẻ cắp trong cửa hàng. Anh nhìn quanh xem có ai để ý không. Anh cho cô ta xem hoá đơn.

"Có thể trong tương lai anh học được cách làm đúng qui định của cửa hàng. Hãy để cái túi này với cô thu ngân. Anh có thể lấy lại hoá đơn và túi khi đi ra."

Lúc Adrian mua xong và đổi xong đồ, anh tức giận. Làm sao cô ta dám đối xử với anh như tội phạm? Anh đi tìm cô ấy. Anh muốn cô xin lỗi. Anh thấy cô trong quầy sản xuất và hỏi tên cô. Cô lầm bầm cái gì đó. Anh hỏi cô lần nữa, và lần này anh nghe "Ursula."

"Ursula gì?" anh hỏi. Cô la lên, "Urshula!" và xông đi mất.

Khi Adrian về nhà, anh gọi trung tâm của cửa hàng. Cô nhân viên thô lỗ này sắp mất việc, anh tự nhủ. Anh mô tả sự không hài lòng với nhân viên đại diện dịch vụ khách hàng. Cô rất thông cảm. "Nhân viên của chúng tôi được huấn luyện lịch sự. Chúng tôi sẽ không tha thứ cho thái độ như vậy. Hãy cho tôi số điện thoại của anh và tôi sẽ gọi lại cho anh."

Hai ngày sau, Adrian nhận được điện thoại từ người đại diện. "Tôi xin lỗi," cô nói, "nhưng không có ai ở cửa hàng tên Ursula. Anh có thể tả cô ấy không? Tôi sẽ tìm cô ấy là ai. Tôi đảm bảo với anh, chúng tôi không tha thứ cho tính thô lỗ, chúng tôi cũng không tha thứ việc nói dối khách hàng."

Lúc này, Adrian đã bình tĩnh lại. Anh thật sự không muốn người nhân viên bị mất việc. anh bảo người đại diện thôi quên điều đó đi.

446528 top -
LESSON 298:

CHECK YOUR BAGS AT THE STORE ENTRANCE -

GỬI TÚI CỦA BẠN TẠI LỐI VÀO CỬA HÀNG -

*Vocabulary:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
• produce: sản phẩm, sản vật.
• additive: chất phụ gia, chất cho thêm vào.
• ink: mực.
• obviously: rõ ràng, hiển nhiên.
• employee: người lao động, người làm công.
• sternly: cứng rắn, nghiêm khắc, nghiêm nghị, lạnh lùng.
• receipt: hoá đơn, biên nhận.
• demand:hỏi, hỏi gặng, đòi hỏi, yêu cầu.
• embarrassed: làm lúng túng, làm ngượng ngập.
• shoplifter: Kẻ cắp giả làm khách mua hàng.
• policy: chính sách.
• criminal: tội phạm.
• mumble: lầm bầm.
• corporate: công ty.
• headquarters: trụ sở.
• describe: miêu tả.
• representative: người đại diện.
• sympathetic: thông cảm, đồng cảm.
• tolerate: tha thứ, khoan dung.
• behavior: hành vi.
• rip off: bị gạt, bắt chẹt, lừa tiền.

*Wh-Questions:
------------------------------------------------------------------
• What was the name of his favorite store?
- His favorite store was the $1 Store.

• What did the $1 Store have?
-The $1 Store had everything.

• How much was everything?
- Everything was one dollar.

• What did he usually get?
- He usually got very good deals.

• What occasionally happened to him?
- Occasionally, he got ripped off.

• What did he buy a few days ago?
- A few days ago, he bought six packages of ink for his printer.

• Where did he find a deal on better ink?
- He found a deal on better ink at the local computer store.

• Where did he go back to?
- He went back to the $1 Store.[i/

• Why did he go back to the $1 Store?
-[i] Because he want to exchange the ink for some other items.

• Where did he put the ink?
- He put the ink into a plastic bag.

*Fill in blanks:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Adrian’s favorite store was the $1 Store. This store had everything, from fresh produce to birthday cards to gasoline additives. Everything was one dollar. Usually, he got very good deals; occasionally, he got ripped off.

A few days ago, Adrian bought six packages of ink for his printer. Then he found a deal on better ink at the local computer store. So Adrian went back to the $1 Store to exchange the ink for some other items.

He put the ink into a plastic bag and tied it up. When he entered the store, he immediately showed the bag to a clerk and told her that he was returning some items. She looked at him but said nothing. There were about ten people in her line. She was obviously very busy. Not knowing exactly what to do, Adrian put the bag into a push -cart and started shopping.

He was midway through shopping when a female employee suddenly stopped him. “Sir,” she said sternly, “you are not allowed to carry a plastic bag of items around in this store. What’sin this bag? Show me what’s in the bag!”

Adrian was taken aback. There was no need for her to yell. He opened the bag and showed her the six packages of ink. “I’m returning these to exchange for some other items,” Adrian said.

“You should have left the bag with the clerk when you entered this store. Let me see your receipt!” the employee demanded.

Adrian was embarrassed. He felt like a shoplifter. He looked around to see if anyone was paying attention. He showed her the receipt.

“Perhaps in the future you’ll learn how to follow store policy. Leave this bag here with the clerk. You can have your receipt and bag back when you checked out.”

By the time Adrian had finished shopping and exchanged the items, he was angry. How dare she treat him like a criminal? He went looking for her. He wanted an apology. He found her in the produce section and asked what her name was. She mumbled something. He asked her again, and this time he heard “Ursula.”

“Ursula what?” he asked. She yelled at him, “Ursula!” and stormed away.

When Adrian got home, he called the store’s corporate headquarters. The rude employee was about to lose her job, he said to himself. He described his unpleasant experience to a customer service representative. She was sympathetic. “Our employees are taught to be polite. We will not tolerate such behavior. Give me your phone number and I will call you back.”

Two days later, Adrian received a phone call from the representative. “I’m sorry,” she said, “but there’s no one at that store namedUrsula. Can you describe her? I’ll find out who she is. I assure you, we do not tolerate rude behavior, nor do we tolerate lying to customers.”

By this time, Adrian had calmed down. He didn’t really want the employee to lose her job. He told the representative to forget about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Cửa hàng ưa thích của Andrian là cửa hàng 1 đô-la. Cửa hàng này có tất cả mọi thứ, từ sản phẩm tươi sống đến thiệp sinh nhật đến phụ gia xăng dầu. Tất cả mọi thứ với giá một đô-la. Thường thường, anh giao dịch mua bán rất tốt; thỉnh thoảng, anh lại bị bắt chẹt.

Cách đây vài ngày, Adrian mua sáu gói mực cho cái máy in của mình. Sau đó anh phát hiện mực được bán với giá tốt hơn tại một cửa hàng vi tính trong khu vực. Vì thế Adrian đi trở lại cửa hàng 1 đô-la để đổi mực in sang các mặt hàng khác.

Anh bỏ mực in vào một chiếc túi nhựa và cột nó lại. Khi anh đi vào cửa hàng, anh đưa cho cô bán hàng xem tức thì và bảo với cô là anh trả lại một số món hàng. Cô nhìn anh nhưng không nói gì. Có khoảng mười người trong dãy của cô. Thực tình thì cô rất bận rộn. Không biết chính xác mình phải làm gì, Adrian bỏ chiếc túi vào một chiếc xe đẩy và bắt đầu mua hàng.

Anh đang mua sắm giữa chừng khi một nữ nhân viên đột ngột chặn anh lại. "Thưa ông" cô nói một cách nghiêm khắc, "ông không được phép mang túi hàng hoá loanh quanh trong cửa hàng. Có thứ gì trong túi? Đưa tôi xem có thứ gì trong túi!"

Adrian sửng sốt. Cô ta đâu cần phải la lối như thế chứ. Anh mở túi và đưa cô xem sáu hộp mực. "Tôi đang trả lại loại hàng này để đổi lấy các mặt hàng khác," Adrian nói.

"Ông phải để chiếc túi ở chỗ nhân viên bán hàng khi ông vào cửa hàng. Đưa hoá đơn cho tôi xem!" cô nhân viên ra lệnh.

Adrian thật ngượng ngùng. Anh cảm giác như mình là một kẻ cắp ở cửa hàng. Anh nhìn xung quanh để xem có ai để ý hay không. Anh đưa cô xem tờ hoá đơn.

"Có lẽ về sau này ông nên thực hiện theo nội quy của cửa hàng. Hãy để cái túi ở đây cho nhân viên thu ngân. Ông có thể nhận lại hoá đơn và túi lúc ông tính tiền xong."

Vào lúc Adrian mua sắm và đổi hàng xong xuôi, anh vẫn còn bực tức. Sao cô ta dám đối xử với anh như một tên tội phạm thế kia chứ? Anh đi tìm cô. Anh cần một lời xin lỗi. Anh thấy cô ở trong khu vực sản xuất và hỏi cô tên gì. Cô lầm bầm điều gì đó. Anh hỏi lại lần nữa, và lần này anh nghe "Ursula."

"Ursula gì chứ?" anh hỏi. Cô ta nạt lại anh, "Ursula" và giận dữ bỏ đi.

Khi Adrian về nhà, anh gọi cho cơ quan chủ quản của cửa hàng. Cô nhân viên khiếm nhã sắp mất việc đến nơi rồi đây, anh tự nhủ. Anh diễn tả kinh nghiệm không vui của mình cho nhân viên chăm sóc khách hàng. Cô tỏ vẻ thông cảm. "Các nhân viên của chúng tôi được huấn luyện phải tao nhã. Chúng tôi không chấp nhận một hành vi như thế. Hãy cho tôi biết số điện thoại và tôi sẽ gọi lại cho anh."

Hai ngày sau, Adrian nhận được cuộc gọi từ nhân viên chăm sóc khách hàng. "Tôi xin lỗi anh," cô nói, "Nhưng không có người nào ở cửa hàng đó có tên là Urrsula cả. Anh có thể miêu tả cô ấy được không? Tôi sẽ biết được cô ấy là ai. Tôi cam đoan với anh, chúng tôi không dung thứ cho hành vi thô lỗ, chúng tôi cũng không tha thứ cho việc dối trá với khách hàng."

Vào lúc này, Adrian đã bình tĩnh trở lại. Anh thật tình không muốn cô nhân viên ấy bị mất việc. Anh bảo cô nhân viên chăm sóc khách hàng hãy quên chuyện đó đi.

493943 top -

@quynhnhu: Trong tiếng Anh check có nghĩa là kiểm tra, theo bài này cũng có nghĩa là gửi lại.

LH chưa từng đến Mỹ nhưng có đi làm, khi vào khách sạn người ta dùng từ check-in.

Xem ra người cũng là một dạng "hàng hoá".:)

502818 top -
Mình biết từ check ở đây là gửi lại, để lại nên đã dịch như thế.

Cám ơn lanhuongbm đã ghé thăm nhé.

503010 top -

. 1.New To America
. 2.A Haircut
. 3.The Yardman
. 4.Grab Your Umbrellas
. 5.Shopping for Bargains
. 6.Horses to Ride
. 7.A Shower Injury
. 8.Pete's Sharp Knife
. 9.A Good Sandwich
. 10.Sara's Upset Stomach
. 11.Please Marry Me!
. 12.Laundry Day
. 13.A Noisy Neighbor
. 14.The New Realtor
. 15.The Fire Alarm
. 16.Eddie's Short Visit
. 17.Carbon Monoxide
. 18.A Visit to Asia
. 19.School Boys
. 20.The Loose Button
. 21.The Pile of Paper
. 22.Brushing and Flossing
. 23.Raising the Kids
. 24.A Clean Toilet Bowl
. 25.A Love Letter
. 26.A Bird Attacks
. 27.A Daytime Robbery
. 28.Trick or Treat
. 29.The Motorcycle Rider
. 30.Spock Saves His Dad
. 31.Provider Overbills Customer
. 32.The Breakup
. 33.Famous Model Dies
. 34.Shopping Carts Everywhere
. 35.Four Slit Throats
. 36.Does Garlic Mean Garlic?
. 37.A Jealous Girlfriend
. 38.Towns Hit by Snowstorms
. 39.Another Jealous Girlfriend
. 40.She Loves Her Son
. 41.The Doctor’s Exam
. 42.Hospitals Can Make You Sick
. 43.English Is So Hard
. 44.Hollywood Stars and Tourists
. 45.GEICO’s TV Lizard
. 46.Law and Order in LA
. 47.Destruction of Iraq
. 48.Have You Seen This Man?
. 49.LA Traffic Report
. 50.LA Radio News

. 51.Trash Truck Misses Pick-up
. 52.Her First Driving Accident
. 53.You’re Not a Good Principal
. 54.I’ve Got You Covered
. 55.Paris Goes to Jail in LA
. 56.A Year with No TV
. 57.Let’s Buy Some Paint
. 58.I Need Water for My Clients
. 59.Putting Bunny to Sleep
. 60.Where Is That Darn Battery?
. 61.If You Really Love Me…
. 62.The Wedding Gift (1)
. 63.The Wedding Gift (2)
. 64.Does a Tiger Change Its Stripes?
. 65.No Place Like an Open House
. 66."We Could Have All Died!"
. 67.It’s the Thought that Counts
. 68.Who Ordered the Scallops?
. 69.You’re Not My Daddy
. 70.Let He Who Is Without Sin…
. 71.Shopping at the 99 Cents Store
. 72.Betting Big in Vegas
. 73.Priced to Sell!
. 74.The Handyman Comes
. 75.A Woman Has Needs
. 76.A Hot Day and a Cool Pool
. 77.Up, Up, and Away
. 78.Man's Best Friend
. 79.Six Feet Under
. 80.An Unhappy Worker
. 81.Why the Sky Is Brown
. 82.It’s a Small World
. 83.Suspicious Shoppers
. 84.Death Is Part of Life
. 85.Tagger Shoots Woman
. 86.Crime on the Rise
. 87.Too Soft on Crime
. 88.Pluto Chases Kid
. 89.In Harm’s Way
. 90."Semper Buy"
. 91.A Little Respect, Please
. 92.A Dream from Beyond-1
. 93.A Dream from Beyond-2
. 94.A Trip to Egypt
. 95.No Doughnuts for Old Folks
. 96.It’s Just Business
. 97.A Walk in the Wild
. 98.Elvis Is Alive and Well
. 99.Bad Weed, Bad Call
. 100.Shark Attack

. 101.Love in the Hospital
. 102.Interstate Bridge Collapses
. 103.Stop Selling Those Bunnies
. 104.Actor Tries to Kill Himself
. 105.US Senator Says He’s not Gay
. 106.E.Coli Is Everywhere
. 107.Influenza
. 108.The Hospital Orderly-1
. 109.The Hospital Orderly-2
. 110.Flower Power
. 111.Dog Inherits Millions
. 112.Man Holds Staff Hostage
. 113.Young Boy Defends Sister
. 114.Remember Me?
. 115.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 116.Sail Around the World
. 117.New Dog-Barking Law
. 118.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-1
. 119.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-2
. 120.Cleaning a Dirty Plate
. 121.Her Driving Lesson
. 122.Hurricane Dean
. 123.Adventurer Disappears
. 124.Nursing Student Disappears
. 125.The Lovely Banana
. 126.Smells like Chicken
. 127.The Wedding-1
. 128.The Wedding-2
. 129.The Waiter
. 130.Your Country Thanks You
. 131.D.B.Cooper Lives On-1
. 132.D.B.Cooper Lives On-2
. 133.I’m No Alcoholic!
. 134.48 Homes Burn Down-1
. 135.48 Homes Burn Down-2
. 136.Drought Attacks Georgia
. 137.A Bad MRI Experience
. 138.Body in a Barrel-1
. 139.Body in a Barrel-2
. 140.Red Meat, Gray Water
. 141.All Bite, No Bark
. 142.Tiger Kills Two Men-1
. 143.Tiger Kills Two Men-2
. 144.Red Flowers Make Her See Red
. 145.The Starbucks Robbery
. 146.The Argument-1
. 147.The Argument-2
. 148.The Toilet Tank-1
. 149.The Toilet Tank-2
. 150.Santa Was Molested

. 151.Fire Kills Two Young Girls
. 152.Police Arrest Fire-Starters
. 153.Get out of "Jail"-1
. 154.Get out of "Jail"-2
. 155.New Year Celebrations
. 156.$50K to Waitress-1
. 157.$50K to Waitress-2
. 158.Who Needs School?
. 159.Black Friday
. 160.JFK Assassination
. 161.Don’t Top Off the Tanks
. 162.The Clapper
. 163.Tuberculosis Still Kills
. 164.Old Dogs Become Young Again
. 165.Ham and Eggplant
. 166.A Hole in Her Ear-1
. 167.A Hole in Her Ear-2
. 168.The Drugs Keep Coming
. 169.Missing Husband-1
. 170.Missing Husband-2
. 171.Don’t Get Mad-Get Even
. 172.The Christmas Gift-1
. 173.The Christmas Gift-2
. 174.The Haircut-1
. 175.The Haircut-2
. 176.The Robbery at the Mall-1
. 177.The Robbery at the Mall-2
. 178.The Driving Lesson-1
. 179.The Driving Lesson-2
. 180.The Move to Georgia-1
. 181.The Move to Georgia-2
. 182.I’ll Get a Job in a Restaurant
. 183.A Cleaner River-1
. 184.A Cleaner River-2
. 185.The Spitter
. 186.Kill Those Flies-1
. 187.Kill Those Flies-2
. 188.The Oil Change-1
. 189.The Oil Change-2
. 190.Boy Starts Huge Fire
. 191.Writers Go on Strike
. 192.Please Don’t Hurt Me!
. 193.It’s Just a Little White Lie
. 194.Jury Service in California
. 195.The Rude Golfer-1
. 196.The Rude Golfer-2
. 197.Man Invents Toilet for Cars
. 198.Monkeys Cause Man’s Death
. 199.The Light Eater-1
. 200.The Light Eater-2

. 201.Sara Went Shopping
. 202.Man Injured at Fast Food Place
. 203.A Life-Saving Cow
. 204.Driver Loses Mabel, Finds Jail
. 205.Jerry Decided To Buy a Gun
. 206.Freeway Chase
. 207.Better To Be Unlucky
. 208.Food Fight Erupted in Prison
. 209.How His Pig is Doing
. 210.Goats Being Hired
. 211.A Missing Cat
. 212.Book Him
. 213.Water Under the Sink-1
. 214.Water Under the Sink-2
. 215.Theft Occurs Everywhere
. 216.Eggs and a Bunny
. 217.Goodbye to Clean Couple
. 218.$100 Deposit
. 219.Books Don’t Grow on Trees
. 220.A Murder-Suicide
. 221.New Store and Its Owners
. 222.Hit-and-Run Charge
. 223.Gasoline Prices Hit Record High
. 224.A Festival of Books
. 225.Crazy Housing Prices
. 226.Happy and Unhappy Renters
. 227.Pulling Out Nine Tons of Trash
. 228.Cloning Pets
. 229.Rentals at the Oceanside
. 230.Trees Are a Threat
. 231.Gets Booked, Writes a Book
. 232.Popular Park Reopens
. 233.Swim Classes Begin Soon
. 234.Not Sitting Around
. 235.Get Millions for Homeless
. 236.Tenants Watch Building Burn
. 237.Bathtub Blues
. 238.Blood Drive at Civic Center
. 239.City Hosts 42nd Art Fair
. 240.City and Crime
. 241.Bank Robbery
. 242.Immigration Goes Online
. 243.Jimmy Fixes His Door
. 244.Needs a New Air-Conditioner
. 245.Man Gets 12 Years for Fraud
. 246.Man Shoots Up Post Office
. 247.Murals Are Over 200 Years Old
. 248.Pier Collapses
. 249.Cameras in Police Cars
. 250.A School Girl Sues Her School

. 251.SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying
. 252.Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool
. 253.Woman Dies in House Fire
. 254.Plane Crashes into House
. 255.Fishing for Girls
. 256.Shot Next to Christmas Tree
. 257.Stabbed Outside Nightclub
. 258.Fishing Boat Sinks
. 259.The Mysterious Carport Stain
. 260.Lies About Winning Lottery
. 261.Victory Dance Leads to Death
. 262.Eat Your Vegetables
. 263.Honk if You're in a Hurry
. 264.The Man Who Loved Women
. 265.How to Get out of Jury Duty
. 266.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 267.Female Seeks Mature Male
. 268.Let’s Go Fishing
. 269.Train Wreck “Frees” Cows
. 270.Valuable Guitar Found
. 271.Stepmother Kills Herself
. 272.Beautiful Teacher Smiles
. 273.Are Criminals Taking Over LA?
. 274.Police Arrest Happy Van Driver
. 275.Say Your Prayers
. 276.The Final Phone Call
. 277.Almost Perfect Children
. 278.There Goes the Neighborhood!
. 279.Let’s Go to Vegas!
. 280.Squirrel Attacks Woman
. 281.To Save His Baby
. 282.English Is Confusing
. 283.Pump Up the Tires
. 284.Don’t Go Swimming
. 285.The Park That Went to the Dogs
. 286.Can You Spare a Carburetor?
. 287.Golf Like a Girl
. 288.Take Me Out to the Ball Game
. 289.Take This Job and Shove It
. 290.Where Did That Book Go?
. 291.When You’ve Got Your Health
. 292.That ‘New Car’ Smell
. 293.Inviting Poor Student to Dinner
. 294.When I'm in the Bathroom
. 295.It Was an Old, Worthless Clock
. 296.Five-Finger Discount on Candy
. 297.Collecting Seashells
. 298.At the Store Entrance
. 299.We Will See the World
. 300.Get Me a Caffe Latte

. 301.The Slow Computer-1
. 302.The Slow Computer-2
. 303.The Careful Reader
. 304.Avoid the Flu
. 305.Magician Attracts Women
. 306.US Border Patrol
. 307.Car Shopping in California
. 308.Happy Anniversary
. 309.“Read All about It!”
. 310.A Factory Worker
. 311.Bad Pork
. 312.Don’t Eat the Meat
. 313.Copper Robbers
. 314.Weekly Driving Lessons-1
. 315.Weekly Driving Lessons-2
. 316.Laundry Day-1
. 317.Laundry Day-2
. 318.The Bargain CD Set-1
. 319.The Bargain CD Set-2
. 320.It’s All Over
. 321.The New Clothes-1
. 322.The New Clothes-2
. 323.Food as Punishment
. 324.US Passports Outsourced
. 325.The Demanding Son
. 326.A Practical Joke
. 327.The Dead Pedestrian
. 328.Bad News, Good News
. 329.The Cluster Balloonist
. 330.The Rude Clerk
. 331.The Tax Charge
. 332.The Fire in the Hills-1
. 333.The Fire in the Hills-2
. 334.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-1
. 335.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-2
. 336.The Rental Car-1
. 337.The Rental Car-2
. 338.The Marathon Cheater
. 339.School Bus Crashes
. 340.Don’t Take My Property
. 341.New Law for Taco Trucks
. 342.The Refund-1
. 343.The Refund-2
. 344.Shut Your Mouth
. 345.TSA’s New Policy-1
. 346.TSA’s New Policy-2
. 347.I’m Pregnant
. 348.Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage
. 349.Impolite to His Brother
. 350.Protecting the Public
. 351.Malibu to License Paparazzi
. 352.I'm Moving to NY
. 353.The Heart Attack-1
. 354.The Heart Attack-2
. 355.Let's Speak English

THE END

Update: October 16th, 2016.
PayPal về email:
thuquy.vietditru@gmail.com

Chi phiếu gửi về:
Jimmy Ton
4369 46 St.
San Diego, CA 92115

Việt Nam chuyển tới:
Phạm Thị Tuyết Phượng
Số tài khoản: 4973099
ACB Châu Văn Liêm, TPHCM

Ý kiến về Quỹ VietDitru

ESL đăng ký: Bạn không cần phải đăng ký gì cả. Chỉ việc nhẩy vào bài ESL 1 học và làm bài tập. Tiếp tục những bài kế tiếp càng nhanh càng tốt. Mình sẽ 888 và thỉnh thoảng cùng nhau nhắc nhở cho vui hén. Chứ thật ra việc học là việc của tự bản thân mình. Mình giỏi thì mình được nhờ hén.

Nickname           # bài
-----------------------------------------
Anthonydavetruong 51
BaoLaTinhChua 1
Bluecloud 1
bongbong 3
Brianthao08 2
Brenda 8
Cachua 4
Catandpuppy 2
Chaubaoct 11
Chauongco 2